CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Today was this surprisingly challenging little stingray.

15 Likes

@Immaculata I am both envious of your fair and relieved I won’t have the temptation!

@photojenn Ethereal! Love that ray and the rays of light coming threw the water.

I had some time this morning to just-about-finish my die cut project! Basically all that’s left is making the back look finished. I didn’t do my snow plowing yesterday, so I have that to do as well as fetching firewood from the woodshed to the rack at the back door with TheMisterT. So after that I might get to do the back.

MobileBday07

11 Likes

No crafting for me today. I’m about to get on my plane home…blech. This was me earlier though!

My husband made fun of my socks and shoes. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

2/17, in which I interrupt my regularly scheduled thinging for a sustainable screen printing program at the library makerspace.

The last one is really more of an underpaper/use it up paper, but I’m sure I can find a use for it :laughing:.

10 Likes

Feb 17 - today I started loading my loom with my next project.

9 Likes

@Cindy It’s so cool how quickly you’ve taken to weaving!

Finished this today. I will bring it out for birthdays.

13 Likes

I enjoy it so much, to the detriment of other hobbies though.

8 Likes

I can’t show anything I’ve made but I have finishes!
I also have a touch of covid so yay :confused:. Still stitching, just slowly.

7 Likes

@Cindy Yes, there are still only so many hours, aren’t there? Perhaps when the rush of learning a new thing has subsided a bit, you’ll be inspired to pick up another “old” one.

@Magpie Sorry to hear you’re ill! Ugh. At least there is stitching to pass the time.

7 Likes

I did heaps of sewing yesterday and today, but it’s for a swap, so no spoilers!

9 Likes

I made 2 ATCs yesterday, but can’t show them as they’re for the swap.

The day before yesterday I cut an infinity scarf to attempt to make it into a square scarf, but that’s pretty much as far as I got :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I got fabric for a bathrobe, a skirt, some fabric to bind a quilt that’s nearly finished and some thread to hem a sweater I’ve made. So it wasn’t too bad at all - I’ve wanted to make a bathrobe for ages and the skirt will match several tops I’ve already got.

9 Likes

Swap work continues. Playing with new paints and frantic sewing…

10 Likes

Day 17 - finished 4 half finished motifs:

Now the hippo has a neck!

13 Likes

Yesterday I went grocery shopping. Later, I participated in this:

My SIL threw a murder mystery party with a masquerade theme for my BIL. Turns out, I’m the killer….

My mask was made by @audity years ago for a swap. (I’m on the far right doing a really awkward “sorority squat” that makes me look like I need the bathroom :woman_facepalming:)

My hubby is the super hot cowboy in the back.

16 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi You look adorable! Even adorable ruthless murderers need to tinkle.

Sewing for me today! I have some projects that have been waiting patiently in the queue. :innocent: That said, I’m going to work on some less “thinky” ones that have cut the line first. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Lol! Thanks!

5 Likes

Love it! You both make a handsome couple, but he must sleep with one eye opened knowing you were the “killer”… :laughing:

@jellybean — I love those granny square hippos! You are moving right along!

8 Likes

Lol! Thanks AIMR!

6 Likes

Leaders & enders aka mice! Bonus project to accompany the unshowable things of the days.

10 Likes