CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

ICAD happens June 1 to July 31 so a 61-day project. daisy yellow/Tammy Garcia used to host it as a thing on Flickr and Instagram but last year she stepped back and didn’t have a dedicated space for it. She still put out themes and prompts.

7 Likes

@Smmarrt That’s pretty much what I thought it was; I’ve been doing two backgrounds a day so I (theoretically) get pretty close by the end of the month assuming I don’t abandon it.

Speaking of, here’s 2/2.

12 Likes

Feb 2.

Earrings for STS.

I even have the fancy earring hanging thingy.

20240202_192511

13 Likes

Tiredness and a sore throat put a damper on my energy the last two days but I still managed to do something creative …

Feb 1st - looked through patterns and decided on my next loom project.

Feb 2 - worked on a Wonky Bird atc for myself.

10 Likes

Picked up 6 of these sweet napkins at a thrift store by our cottage last summer. They came in a bag, nice but not so useful.

That bag was a perfect size to cut & hem for 2 more napkins tho, yay!

You can’t even tell which one is the original.

I also fixed a torn seam in my coworker’s top but that’s not very interesting for anybody but her so no pics :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Today’s knitting progress:

15 Likes

Add some ink and a press and yesterday’s scratched up plastic became drypoint etchings today.

Black and white version

Colour version

18 Likes

I have no idea how you went from scratched plastic to this, but these are stunning!

I’m still dogsitting and crocheting scrappy granny squares. I need 32 to add another round to an existing blanket so I won’t get bored this weekend!

13 Likes

So cool!

5 Likes

I have been thwarted for days one and two, hopefully day 3 will make up for it. :crossed_fingers:

Everyone is doing great!

7 Likes

I won’t confirm or deny if this is from swap creating or not, but I have done a thing today!

Feb 3

10 Likes

Day 2 - finished 2 partially finished motifs:

12 Likes

I can’t share a picture of what I’m actually working on so I’ll share a picture of my setup complete with water jar coaster made by @Kwality570 (I use it every time I paint!)

14 Likes

Everyone’s work is so inspiring! Does it count as making a thing a day when you make something one day, and then rip it out and re-do it the next?
:rofl:

13 Likes

Those trees :heart_eyes: you did a really good job with making them look “tree like” and not uniform. The black and white one is so moody, I love it.

5 Likes

It’s not much, but it counts!

12 Likes

2/3

13 Likes

Random painty bits cut into dividers for my saved letters box, which is also sorted out.

I’d like to get all the stamps glued to this box next. There’s enough to cover both inside & out at this point.

It’ll be for holding recent correspondence I’ve yet to respond to, I’ve gotten behind in that & lost track.

16 Likes

No picture, but still working on the scarf. And trying to do some designing for ITH-plushies. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

More progress on family Valentines!

17 Likes