Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Iā€™ve been loving all the craftiness. You are all amazingly creative, talented people!

Iā€™ve not been feeling it, the past couple of days, but I have still been creating.
Iā€™ve done some work in my college sketchbook, managed to crochet every day and Thursday made marshmallow crispie cakes with Scott, for Miles to take to school yesterday (itā€™s his birthday Sunday so he took those in instead of a cake).

We needed to make 3 lots because Miles didnā€™t want his friends in the other class to miss out.
Cooking can be an issue for me (itā€™s an anxiety/panic attack trigger) so this was a big deal. Im really pleased I managed, Miles was so happy when he came out of school, it was worth the anxiety!

Today weā€™re going to a local steampunk festival; I need loads of pictures for my sketchbook.

11 Likes

So, flower card attempt number 3, now that I have the gluing placement right. Didnā€™t have much time Thursday, but managed to get the petals cut out and painted. Then yesterday morning (early morning-before work-crafting :smiley: ) added the glitter. Yesterday evening I glued the flowers together, added the leaves and glued into the card. Really happy with the outcome this time

Those marshmallow crispie cakes look amazing!

13 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful ā€¦ Iā€™ve always wanted to make cards and this inspires me to try.

2 Likes

Glad you persisted! Your card is lovely in its revised version!

Marshmallow treats are always a favorite among kidsā€¦I also get cooking anxiety but so far this year, thanks to recipes shared here by friends, I feel more confident and less anxious to try things. As long as there is a recipe with clear instructions, I can do it!

2 Likes

I made 2 Polaroid atcs for a private swap with LindaP

Linda, donā€™t peek if you donā€™t want to see!

5 Likes

I made this at the Whitby Steampunk festival today :+1:

Post with description here

8 Likes

ha ha she is going to love those!

1 Like

Yesterday I managed to finish that in-process scrappy dishcloth.

Less tangible, but I also cleaned the living/dining/kitchen, set out fresh candles, and put together a delicious dinner for a nice Date Night. Itā€™s amazing how just a night at home on the sofa can feel indulgent when you add candles, pick up a dessert treat, and take time to snuggle up together without phones or laptops.

While DH plays D&D today, Iā€™m going to spend some time playing with some special beads I picked up. :blush:

6 Likes

That sounds delightful!
Today is home-and-crampy day here so Iā€™m tinkering with various projects. Thereā€™s a little time in the afternoon when I get full sunlight on my front steps, so I sat out in it and carded 1-2 oz. of Hog Island fleece, which had been dyed with black walnut:

Thereā€™s still a lot to do, but I only work on it during those afternoon sunny-spots, when itā€™s warm enough, so this amount is todayā€™s thing.

9 Likes

Thing of the day: Agate & Sari Silk Necklace

8 Likes

You sure have the knack for coming up with unique pieces to wear! That is gorgeousā€¦love the texturesā€¦so many different materialsā€¦

1 Like

Besides making a killer avocado/corn/tomato salad to go with our take out fried oysters and hush puppies from Something Fishy of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives fame, I made this today!!

I will use it to work on tomorrowā€™s project!
Thanks for the pattern, @storerboughtcreation!

12 Likes

That just sounds lovely! Fiber and sunny spots. :yellow_heart:

Today I worked a little bit on my shadowbox project, but no pictures of me painting acetone on a cicada, sorry.

I did have a fun photoshoot with my card ornaments and got them posted though!

3 Likes

8/29 ā€¦ had to de-clutter the storage room with hubby today so not much crafting happened. I did get a couple rows done on my shawl though.

My big project this month was going to be a t-shirt quilt, which Iā€™ve started, but itā€™s on hold as my friend realized her most precious shirt is missing and she wants it in her quilt. So, until itā€™s found, nothing more will happen.

3 Likes

Today I actually did a little sewing. My mom needed some help to get some stuff done as she is speaking at a local guild this week. And we are really bad at being ready ahead of time so itā€™s lots of last minute panic here. But I helped finish picking the top to a runner. Just need to get a picture of it tomorrow when itā€™s light out again.

3 Likes

I made a couple of headbands at a baby shower (1 pictured here) and, uh, craftily arranged the cupcake display. I canā€™t take credit for making the cupcakes, just the display :laughing:

9 Likes

Was beginning to think Iā€™d done nothing crafty today then I realised that I mended Milesā€™ coat by hand, managed a few stitches on the next patch of my jumper, wrote a couple of blog posts and made sā€™mores.
A pretty crafty day all round!

5 Likes

lol the sā€™mores would have been enough!!! yummy!

3 Likes

I finished the first niche in my hiking shadowbox! Featuring river stone, cicada, acorns, and turkey feather.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a no craft day. I survived my DDā€™s birthday party so my evening was all about recovery. :laughing:

Today, I made 5 make up bags that will go in the judgesā€™gift bags for my schoolā€™s yearly pageant.

My crochet dish clothes are ongoing. I love being able to pick it up and put it down whenever.

10 Likes