Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I love the humming bird and all the art pieces!! Also everyone’s dinners look really good XD

I worked on my shawl a little more yesterday and today. Not very much cus I’ve been tired and then today my one eye hasn’t stopped watering all day so I didn’t want to focus. But I’m so close to being done!!

4 Likes

7/29 … I thought today would be more productive but all I did was crochet a few rows on my shawl.

5 Likes

I’ve been loving all the craftiness. You are all amazingly creative, talented people!

I’ve not been feeling it, the past couple of days, but I have still been creating.
I’ve done some work in my college sketchbook, managed to crochet every day and Thursday made marshmallow crispie cakes with Scott, for Miles to take to school yesterday (it’s his birthday Sunday so he took those in instead of a cake).

We needed to make 3 lots because Miles didn’t want his friends in the other class to miss out.
Cooking can be an issue for me (it’s an anxiety/panic attack trigger) so this was a big deal. Im really pleased I managed, Miles was so happy when he came out of school, it was worth the anxiety!

Today we’re going to a local steampunk festival; I need loads of pictures for my sketchbook.

11 Likes

So, flower card attempt number 3, now that I have the gluing placement right. Didn’t have much time Thursday, but managed to get the petals cut out and painted. Then yesterday morning (early morning-before work-crafting :smiley: ) added the glitter. Yesterday evening I glued the flowers together, added the leaves and glued into the card. Really happy with the outcome this time

Those marshmallow crispie cakes look amazing!

13 Likes

That’s beautiful … I’ve always wanted to make cards and this inspires me to try.

2 Likes

Glad you persisted! Your card is lovely in its revised version!

Marshmallow treats are always a favorite among kids…I also get cooking anxiety but so far this year, thanks to recipes shared here by friends, I feel more confident and less anxious to try things. As long as there is a recipe with clear instructions, I can do it!

2 Likes

I made 2 Polaroid atcs for a private swap with LindaP

Linda, don’t peek if you don’t want to see!

5 Likes

I made this at the Whitby Steampunk festival today :+1:

Post with description here

8 Likes

ha ha she is going to love those!

1 Like

Yesterday I managed to finish that in-process scrappy dishcloth.

Less tangible, but I also cleaned the living/dining/kitchen, set out fresh candles, and put together a delicious dinner for a nice Date Night. It’s amazing how just a night at home on the sofa can feel indulgent when you add candles, pick up a dessert treat, and take time to snuggle up together without phones or laptops.

While DH plays D&D today, I’m going to spend some time playing with some special beads I picked up. :blush:

6 Likes

That sounds delightful!
Today is home-and-crampy day here so I’m tinkering with various projects. There’s a little time in the afternoon when I get full sunlight on my front steps, so I sat out in it and carded 1-2 oz. of Hog Island fleece, which had been dyed with black walnut:

There’s still a lot to do, but I only work on it during those afternoon sunny-spots, when it’s warm enough, so this amount is today’s thing.

9 Likes

Thing of the day: Agate & Sari Silk Necklace

8 Likes

You sure have the knack for coming up with unique pieces to wear! That is gorgeous…love the textures…so many different materials…

1 Like

Besides making a killer avocado/corn/tomato salad to go with our take out fried oysters and hush puppies from Something Fishy of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives fame, I made this today!!

I will use it to work on tomorrow’s project!
Thanks for the pattern, @storerboughtcreation!

12 Likes

That just sounds lovely! Fiber and sunny spots. :yellow_heart:

Today I worked a little bit on my shadowbox project, but no pictures of me painting acetone on a cicada, sorry.

I did have a fun photoshoot with my card ornaments and got them posted though!

3 Likes

8/29 … had to de-clutter the storage room with hubby today so not much crafting happened. I did get a couple rows done on my shawl though.

My big project this month was going to be a t-shirt quilt, which I’ve started, but it’s on hold as my friend realized her most precious shirt is missing and she wants it in her quilt. So, until it’s found, nothing more will happen.

3 Likes

Today I actually did a little sewing. My mom needed some help to get some stuff done as she is speaking at a local guild this week. And we are really bad at being ready ahead of time so it’s lots of last minute panic here. But I helped finish picking the top to a runner. Just need to get a picture of it tomorrow when it’s light out again.

3 Likes

I made a couple of headbands at a baby shower (1 pictured here) and, uh, craftily arranged the cupcake display. I can’t take credit for making the cupcakes, just the display :laughing:

9 Likes

Was beginning to think I’d done nothing crafty today then I realised that I mended Miles’ coat by hand, managed a few stitches on the next patch of my jumper, wrote a couple of blog posts and made s’mores.
A pretty crafty day all round!

5 Likes

lol the s’mores would have been enough!!! yummy!

3 Likes