Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Yesterday I managed to finish that in-process scrappy dishcloth.

Less tangible, but I also cleaned the living/dining/kitchen, set out fresh candles, and put together a delicious dinner for a nice Date Night. It’s amazing how just a night at home on the sofa can feel indulgent when you add candles, pick up a dessert treat, and take time to snuggle up together without phones or laptops.

While DH plays D&D today, I’m going to spend some time playing with some special beads I picked up. :blush:

6 Likes

That sounds delightful!
Today is home-and-crampy day here so I’m tinkering with various projects. There’s a little time in the afternoon when I get full sunlight on my front steps, so I sat out in it and carded 1-2 oz. of Hog Island fleece, which had been dyed with black walnut:

There’s still a lot to do, but I only work on it during those afternoon sunny-spots, when it’s warm enough, so this amount is today’s thing.

9 Likes

Thing of the day: Agate & Sari Silk Necklace

8 Likes

You sure have the knack for coming up with unique pieces to wear! That is gorgeous…love the textures…so many different materials…

1 Like

Besides making a killer avocado/corn/tomato salad to go with our take out fried oysters and hush puppies from Something Fishy of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives fame, I made this today!!

I will use it to work on tomorrow’s project!
Thanks for the pattern, @storerboughtcreation!

12 Likes

That just sounds lovely! Fiber and sunny spots. :yellow_heart:

Today I worked a little bit on my shadowbox project, but no pictures of me painting acetone on a cicada, sorry.

I did have a fun photoshoot with my card ornaments and got them posted though!

3 Likes

8/29 … had to de-clutter the storage room with hubby today so not much crafting happened. I did get a couple rows done on my shawl though.

My big project this month was going to be a t-shirt quilt, which I’ve started, but it’s on hold as my friend realized her most precious shirt is missing and she wants it in her quilt. So, until it’s found, nothing more will happen.

3 Likes

Today I actually did a little sewing. My mom needed some help to get some stuff done as she is speaking at a local guild this week. And we are really bad at being ready ahead of time so it’s lots of last minute panic here. But I helped finish picking the top to a runner. Just need to get a picture of it tomorrow when it’s light out again.

3 Likes

I made a couple of headbands at a baby shower (1 pictured here) and, uh, craftily arranged the cupcake display. I can’t take credit for making the cupcakes, just the display :laughing:

9 Likes

Was beginning to think I’d done nothing crafty today then I realised that I mended Miles’ coat by hand, managed a few stitches on the next patch of my jumper, wrote a couple of blog posts and made s’mores.
A pretty crafty day all round!

5 Likes

lol the s’mores would have been enough!!! yummy!

3 Likes

I finished the first niche in my hiking shadowbox! Featuring river stone, cicada, acorns, and turkey feather.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a no craft day. I survived my DD’s birthday party so my evening was all about recovery. :laughing:

Today, I made 5 make up bags that will go in the judges’gift bags for my school’s yearly pageant.

My crochet dish clothes are ongoing. I love being able to pick it up and put it down whenever.

10 Likes

I made some fun Valentines for the HP Craftalong card exchange. Can’t show them off till they arrive. :heart:

3 Likes

Catching up with a nearly a week full of things…

Feb. 4 - a tiny doll dress from scraps

Feb. 5 - an inch or so on my WIP sock

Feb. 6 - Pattern testing muslin for yet another doll dress

Feb. 7 - Another couple of doll dresses in yet another size (this is going to be a trend…)

Feb. 8 - Another scrappy doll dress for a friend

I haven’t quite figured out what today’s project is going to be, but I suspect it will be more progress on my sock.

4 Likes

Yesterday and today I have been working on masterboards and an attempt at the Zetti style for the Paper/Mixed Media Craftalong. I think the atc is in the style. I also used @geekgirl’s tool of drywall tape–so fun! I will probably add some circles or stencil to the masterboards.

7 Likes

My thing is the blanket rows (I ordered another 18 skeins of yarn for my “stash busting blanket” lol) and time spent knitting a sweater.

4 Likes

I quilted the runner I helped finish. It was just stitch in the ditch so nothing exciting. I will have to try and get a picture with the quilting but I got one of the top together.

7 Likes

I made three 12"x12" masterboards and now look at the sweet stack of ready-made atc backgrounds I have to choose from!

This is what makes masterboards so cool!

10 Likes

I made a little fabric frame for yesterday’s cross stitch, but I don’t want to show it until I completed the whole project, which hopefully, will be tomorrow! I am working through my large stash of linen and now have a pile of scraps that I also want to us up…

1 Like