Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Today’s thing - a special request embroidery on a vintage handkerchief.

11 Likes

Your stitching is so beautiful…the color is modern against the vintage hanky…lovely project!

3 Likes

I am in love with that stitched hanky swoooon

2 Likes

The last couple of days I haven’t made anything other than meals. So nothing super creative. But I did look through some magazines today so hopefully I will make a project or two out of them this week.

3 Likes

I was not feeling crafty yesterday, so I just made a few improv blocks. Still trying to use up scraps. I did 6 and then the bobbin thread ran out and it was too much effort to replace it. 🤷

8 Likes

Thanks to this post by @geekgirl , I now have a functioning duster to collect the mounds of dog and cat hair on my wooden floors!

11 Likes

oh wow! How exciting you followed my method for my first real crochet pattern!
Did you add more loops? or make them longer? I like your fuller look.

4 Likes

Yeah–it was a nice simple pattern to adjust to your own handle…and yes, I did a loop in the front and back loops to make it fuller…working on another now as I drink my coffee… :smiley:

4 Likes

I love crafters inspiring crafters! Well done @geekgirl and @AIMR.

I forgot to post yesterday, but that’s actually a good thing because it means I was crafting. I did 6 rows on my Klaziena Shawl!

Meanwhile I’ve cleared my schedule for the day, and I’m about to light a candle in my studio, put something mindless on Netflix, and lock myself in to bust through some in-process projects today.

3 Likes

I hate that!

2 Likes

ugh…I hate that, too…I use my bobbin winder and have white, black, grey and beige all ready to go in cases…once the bobbin or thread is out, I lose interest quickly…blech

3 Likes

I’ve been working diligently on my sock and thought I was finished last night. Then I tried it on and discovered I’ll have to rip back the toe due to a measuring miscalculation. sigh At least I hadn’t done the kitchener stitch yet.

4 Likes

For those of us making cotton housewares check out the due diligence this crafter did in choosing her yarn for a bathroom mat- that is some serious sciencey thinking.

4 Likes

In between working on the quilt I started, I made this miniature pocket letter for the miniature art challenge!

14 Likes

I had a couple more non-crafty days this week because my lovely husband encouraged me to take a last minute overnight road trip to go see Margaret Atwood speaking, so that was brilliant. Hope to get an hour of painting in today.

I did make pizza when I got home!

9 Likes

Love this so much. Is it about the size of one pocket on a normal size pocket letter?

2 Likes

Yes, it sure is!

3 Likes

I am a fan of hers, so I am sure it was worth it!

3 Likes

She is wonderful and very funny too!

3 Likes

Does trying to catch a cat count as crafty? Think it’s a stray, been crying outside my house all day. Fed it more meat today then my 3 get between them in 2 days, it was starving! (Mine get meat to try to make sure they come in at night, they have open access to biscuits) Wasn’t successful today, but now it knows it’ll get food here, just a matter of time!

Oh - I did manage to finish crocheting a patch for my jumper as well.

6 Likes