Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

If you know them well, add a tiny block on the back…ha ha ha…

2 Likes

It’s my husband’s cousin! Maybe… :slight_smile:

I could make a Michigan label for it…muahahha

2 Likes

My brother asked me to make a Dallas Cowboy blanket for him…I hate the Cowboys…I managed to sneak in some gold and black for my Pittsburgh Steelers in the label. He laughed when he saw it. he could have ripped it off, but he didn’t. It is just a running joke with us.

5 Likes

12/29 … today I decided to abandon the afghan I started yesterday because it was going to be for a baby and I wasn’t liking those colours. I started a different one and have 10 rows finished.

I also pulled fabric for a mini quilt which I’d like to make tomorrow but I also need to pack as we leave Friday to visit our grand babies :smiley:

5 Likes

Despite the OSU fabrics and abundance of red (hehe), I’m liking it!

10 Likes

Looking good! Is this the pattern that @edel used and put the blocks the wrong way and had to add borders? It looks familiar!

2 Likes

Yes, it sure is!

3 Likes

I will have to try it, but obviously with a different red print! :smiley:

3 Likes

Work has really been dragging me down. I’m still crafting, but mostly just being quiet.

This week, I’ve continued with my crocheted dishcloths. I made a batch of 10 key fobs and I baked some pumpkin spice bread last night. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Today’s thing - a special request embroidery on a vintage handkerchief.

11 Likes

Your stitching is so beautiful…the color is modern against the vintage hanky…lovely project!

3 Likes

I am in love with that stitched hanky swoooon

2 Likes

The last couple of days I haven’t made anything other than meals. So nothing super creative. But I did look through some magazines today so hopefully I will make a project or two out of them this week.

3 Likes

I was not feeling crafty yesterday, so I just made a few improv blocks. Still trying to use up scraps. I did 6 and then the bobbin thread ran out and it was too much effort to replace it. 🤷

8 Likes

Thanks to this post by @geekgirl , I now have a functioning duster to collect the mounds of dog and cat hair on my wooden floors!

11 Likes

oh wow! How exciting you followed my method for my first real crochet pattern!
Did you add more loops? or make them longer? I like your fuller look.

4 Likes

Yeah–it was a nice simple pattern to adjust to your own handle…and yes, I did a loop in the front and back loops to make it fuller…working on another now as I drink my coffee… :smiley:

4 Likes

I love crafters inspiring crafters! Well done @geekgirl and @AIMR.

I forgot to post yesterday, but that’s actually a good thing because it means I was crafting. I did 6 rows on my Klaziena Shawl!

Meanwhile I’ve cleared my schedule for the day, and I’m about to light a candle in my studio, put something mindless on Netflix, and lock myself in to bust through some in-process projects today.

3 Likes

I hate that!

2 Likes

ugh…I hate that, too…I use my bobbin winder and have white, black, grey and beige all ready to go in cases…once the bobbin or thread is out, I lose interest quickly…blech

3 Likes