Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I got my quilt top finished yesterday! I am very happy with how it turned out. I love the colors and pattern of this fabric.

5 Likes

Yep, 2 strands. The gradient is from using a mandala yarn. Then I’m adding in bits of other yarn from stash. I’m using small bits so I’m changing the 2 strand out every few rows. So far I’ve used yellow, gray, tan, and white. Actually 3 different yellow, none the same. Who knows why I had so much yellow yarn.

It’s turning into a pretty thick sturdy cat bed, I mean blanket

4 Likes

Awesome…and thanks! I have loads of leftovers and even some “ugly” yarn that will be good when mixed in…think I will spend some time this afternoon gathering all of these and putting them in a basket next to my desk…

2 Likes

Great looking quilt top!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

We’re in our last week! Let’s push our creative energy to the end!

I finally posted my ATCs that were my thing for the 19th - 21st.

And yesterday’s thing was chocolate dipped strawberries (and some potato chips because why not) for a birthday party.

8 Likes

Ok, I’m not crazy. Those are chocolate covered potato chips!

Also, I just bought my first bolt–30 yards of stabilizer ought to get me a good dent into the 5 t-shirt quilts I’m finally starting. 3 soccer and 2 wildfire (my dh’s dad was part of the computer teams that would go out to combat wildfires out west for many years and they would sell t-shirts about the fires he would bring home for the grandkids) and so now that he’s retired and not going out on fire anymore (and the kids are starting to outgrow/no longer wear the shirts) it’s time to make quilts for those.

Bonus: used a 50% off coupon for JoAnn’s to buy the bold.

Sadly: I forgot to have them scan my rewards (mission: spend $5, get $5 later) so I will have to go back tomorrow and find something. But, I also forgot to get wreath forms and they didn’t have any soccer fabric, so I’m sure something will fit the fill to get me that reward.

3 Likes

I’ve managed to get some homework for college done, and I’ve also been crocheting every day, including learning a new stitch.

4 Likes

Gorgeous! Could you please post the pattern?

That is gorgeous and I may have to make one for mine! It gets too dusty too quick! Love the colors you used!

Blue Scrappy pouch

I have almost no blue scraps left except for the tiniest bits…greens next!

3 Likes

Made a big batch of turkey chili last night. (That means, yay for not having to cook tonight!) Today I finished my secret project, that I can’t post pictures of because it’s for an LC member. I can say that it is a crochet project, and was designed to use a single skein of yarn. Mission accomplished! Finished with just a few yards of yarn left. Just enough to tie the package up with? Going to wet block it tomorrow.

Finally today I made another batch of vegan cheese. A Truffled Brie. It’s currently cooling in the fridge, so pics tomorrow.

4 Likes

Vegan truffled brie…I almost swooned.

The only completed thing here today was sending a long and difficult email on lack of diversity and inclusion in traditional/heritage crafting in my community. I don’t know where the conversation will go, but it needs to start somewhere. So sorting out my thoughts on that took a big chunk of the afternoon.
I tinkered with a cut paper project idea, but initial attempts were not successes, though I gained some insight on what would be better for the next attempt. I want to play with paint but “it’s too late tonight to drag the paints out into the light.”

7 Likes

@jellybean posted a finished afghan but the pattern she used was no longer available. Then she shared this link that’s identical to what she made. I didn’t buy the pattern though as it was easy to figure out on my own.

2 Likes

23/29 … I added a couple rows to my baby afghan and decided the finishing row is next since I’m quickly running out of yarn.

2 Likes

@LadybugsAndBeesSimple tutorial for free on YouTube

3 Likes

I did this Fabric masterboard .
It was supposed to be the start for another project but it won’t stay the shape I cut it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so it’s back to the drawing board, well, sewing machine​:thread:

2 Likes

Maybe try some kind of interfacing or stabilizer between layers if you do a second round? Or much more dense stitching that overlaps itself so the threads can provide some structure.

1 Like

Lol.
That just shat I said, over on initial post :+1::joy:

1 Like

I use heat bond and cover it all with washable embroidery stabilizer then stitch the hell out of it. I have used the fabric to make notebook covers and hearts for other projects…

2 Likes