Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I love this so much, the colours and theme are both beautiful

1 Like

Today I made some twinchie and inchie bases by playing around on a full sheet and then cutting it up.

Full sheet

Acrylic paint in several colours, silver metallic paint, silver glitter, strip of lace, silver sharpie marker and a little washi tape

Twinchie bases

Inchie bases

And my favourite four inchie bases

8 Likes

Isnā€™t it cool how something large can look so different on a tiny scale? The details just stand outā€¦nice work!

3 Likes

Oooh, those look awesome!! Love the textures!!

1 Like

@WileESongDog I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. Pets truly are family.

Your pompons look nice and colorful.

1 Like

I finished my Sunset Fabric Woven Wreath!

7 Likes

Nothing finished today, but I did smear some paint around a couple of languishing masterboards a la @geekgirlā€™s Masterboards: A Walk-Through / Tutorial to great effect.

4 Likes

I was hoping to get one practical thing done and one fun thing doneā€¦

Here is what I got doneā€¦a much needed pop of color in my guest bathroomā€¦I made a valance out of some fabric I bought to match my sea green towelsā€¦I didnā€™t have enough so I had to line it to keep it at about 15 inches longā€¦took me way too long for such a simple thing, but I also cleaned and did stuff betweenā€¦

11 Likes

I did my blanket row goal for today and also used my instant pot for the first time with a new recipe for a portobello mushroom stew. Maybe tomorrow iā€™ll try to do a small ā€œfinish in one goā€ project to get a nice instant gratification craft glow on a Monday no less. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh this is nice.

Iā€™m so sorry

Cute llamas. Your lunches look good.

These are cool. I like the addition of lace.

Pretty colors!

I worked more in my art journal and also started a notebook of quotes I like. Using it as a way to practice my lettering.

1 Like

I finished the last two rows of an afghan thatā€™s been in progress for a couple of years!
Better pics and a real project post tomorrow. For now itā€™s bedtime.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice pop of colour!

That fabric is adorable.

@MistressJennie I look forward to seeing the entire afghan.

For my day 2/29 I added several rows to my shawl. Iā€™m one row from finishing the pattern but itā€™s no where near as large as itā€™s supposed to be nor as the picture shows so Iā€™m going to keep going until itā€™s proper.

2 Likes

Keep on goingā€¦a few rows here and there will get it doneā€¦!

2 Likes

@Lynx I love the colors you picked for your fabric wreath!

@geekgirl The textures in your art journal are lovely.

@Edel Taco + cocktail = fabulous! Definitely an act of creation! I also laughed out loud at the typo.
The quilt top is lovely.

@jemimah Iā€™m so soothed by the palette of your folder journal, it puts me in a nice clear headspace.

@MistressJennie Cute earrings! You rock for getting all the stuff done! And wow that afghan is a stunner.

@megwell Iā€™m going to have to pick up sweet potatoes this week for those burgers.

@Magpie Ooo are those petals? Wings? Iā€™m always fascinated to see stumpwork in progress, Iā€™ve never tried it.

@calluna I admire the processing feelings through creativity that youā€™re doing. Thatā€™s some hard stuff thatā€™s so worth it. Sending you some healing thoughts.

@AntBee Way to go for chugging along on a big project! Breaking it down into segments makes it seem much more doable.

@AIMR Iā€™m happy to see you making beauty for yourself! I also find myself thinking back to things Iā€™ve sent away for swaps. Maybe I should revisit some. And that valance looks very well done!

@Cindy My partner is the same way about the salad and Iā€™m the one who always makes it! And good job working on your big project.

@poetrylover828 What a cool looking pattern! Taking that long to finish a project just gives you more satisfaction when itā€™s done. :wink:

@WileESongDog Glad to see you here! Your pompoms look like the perfect Doctor Seuss tree tops.
Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your cat. I know you will keep the love you shared in your heart, and for now be gentle with yourself.

@seeuudee Welcome! Brilliant use of those nice pictures. And I love when folks post the whole masterboard along with the cut up parts - itā€™s inspiring!

@GMPNQ Nice cherry block! The jumper sounds like a big project, but fun.

@Bajita Super cute pouches! They look very neat. And nice job on the meal prep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gosh there are a lot of us! Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t be able to keep up commenting on yā€™allā€™s projects, so if I like your comment just know that Iā€™m proud of your work and Iā€™m so happy youā€™re here with us. :purple_heart:

Aside from making a rather nice sandwich, I started a larger project today thatā€™s been in my mind for a while. I took apart a thrift store shadowbox that was filled with beans, cleaned it up, reglued a few bits, and began on one section. This will be a memory box filled with all the bits I canā€™t help picking up when Iā€™m out hiking, each one representing a different area.

7 Likes

I think it is cool to repurpose something to make it more relevantā€¦you will have fun filling in the shadowbox with stuff that has more meaning for youā€¦canā€™t wait for more progress shots of thisā€¦

1 Like

I just realized I had forgotten to post yesterday. But I worked a little on my shawl again. Itā€™s so big that it takes me forever to finish a row (probably at least 20 minutes if I just did the whole thing) so I donā€™t usually do a whole row anymore. I lose steam too easily when crocheting to do it for too long.

3 Likes

I understand the feeling. Iā€™m working on a shawl too and one row seems to take forever.

2 Likes

Feb 3rd thingā€¦I actually finished it around 2 am this morningā€¦I have to clean house today as our property manager is coming over tomorrowā€¦donā€™t want her to freak out seeing my crafting space! :smile:

10 Likes

I can tell this is going to be a hard thread to keep up with!

@AcadianDriftwood - What a great thrift shop find! But now Iā€™m curious as to why its previous owner would fill a shadow box with beans - Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a story there.

I have my Things from days 1 & 2 to share.

I also cast on for a sock yesterday. Iā€™ll have to spend some time pondering what sort of progress Iā€™ll need to get through in a day on that project to count it as one of my ā€œmake a thingā€ things.

5 Likes