Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

@AIMR Yes, I want to make a patchwork jumper. I’m counting each ‘patch’ as a finish, it’ll help keep me motivated :grinning:
I explain it all, along with the inspiration, on my blog www.fibreallsorts.wordpress.com

2 Likes

oh that is going to be really fun and lovely! Now it all makes sense…and this is perfect to get all of the pieces done…

2 Likes

Today I am making leaves for my sunset fabric wreath! This time I am stiffening the leaves.

8 Likes

As anticipated, the thing I am doing today is cleaning up. Sigh. Big job. Boring too.

2 Likes

My bathroom curtain sewing was interrupted by my need to clean and realign my computer keyboard…ha ha the most crafting I have done since is painting on a few of the worn letters back on the keys…ugh is right…back to curtain sewing and then maybe a fun project…

1 Like

Yesterday was a blur so I’m posting Day 1&2 together.

Yesterday, I made a couple of zippered pouches.

Today, I have lunch prepped for this coming week. I made stir fried chicken and veggies.

I’m thinking about making some pumpkin spice bread in a few. :grin:

9 Likes

I’ve been continuing to work on my manila folder journal …

I had initially thought I’d do a stand-alone drawing/painting every day for this craftalong, even just a sketch, but I think I also want to finish this. I guess it’s still playing with colour, paint and pencils anyway. I chose a creative encouragement kind of theme.

8 Likes

I love this so much, the colours and theme are both beautiful

1 Like

Today I made some twinchie and inchie bases by playing around on a full sheet and then cutting it up.

Full sheet

Acrylic paint in several colours, silver metallic paint, silver glitter, strip of lace, silver sharpie marker and a little washi tape

Twinchie bases

Inchie bases

And my favourite four inchie bases

8 Likes

Isn’t it cool how something large can look so different on a tiny scale? The details just stand out…nice work!

3 Likes

Oooh, those look awesome!! Love the textures!!

1 Like

@WileESongDog I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. Pets truly are family.

Your pompons look nice and colorful.

1 Like

I finished my Sunset Fabric Woven Wreath!

7 Likes

Nothing finished today, but I did smear some paint around a couple of languishing masterboards a la @geekgirl’s Masterboards: A Walk-Through / Tutorial to great effect.

4 Likes

I was hoping to get one practical thing done and one fun thing done…

Here is what I got done…a much needed pop of color in my guest bathroom…I made a valance out of some fabric I bought to match my sea green towels…I didn’t have enough so I had to line it to keep it at about 15 inches long…took me way too long for such a simple thing, but I also cleaned and did stuff between…

11 Likes

I did my blanket row goal for today and also used my instant pot for the first time with a new recipe for a portobello mushroom stew. Maybe tomorrow i’ll try to do a small “finish in one go” project to get a nice instant gratification craft glow on a Monday no less. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh this is nice.

I’m so sorry

Cute llamas. Your lunches look good.

These are cool. I like the addition of lace.

Pretty colors!

I worked more in my art journal and also started a notebook of quotes I like. Using it as a way to practice my lettering.

1 Like

I finished the last two rows of an afghan that’s been in progress for a couple of years!
Better pics and a real project post tomorrow. For now it’s bedtime.

9 Likes

That’s a nice pop of colour!

That fabric is adorable.

@MistressJennie I look forward to seeing the entire afghan.

For my day 2/29 I added several rows to my shawl. I’m one row from finishing the pattern but it’s no where near as large as it’s supposed to be nor as the picture shows so I’m going to keep going until it’s proper.

2 Likes

Keep on going…a few rows here and there will get it done…!

2 Likes