Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I finished the first niche in my hiking shadowbox! Featuring river stone, cicada, acorns, and turkey feather.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a no craft day. I survived my DD’s birthday party so my evening was all about recovery. :laughing:

Today, I made 5 make up bags that will go in the judges’gift bags for my school’s yearly pageant.

My crochet dish clothes are ongoing. I love being able to pick it up and put it down whenever.

10 Likes

I made some fun Valentines for the HP Craftalong card exchange. Can’t show them off till they arrive. :heart:

3 Likes

Catching up with a nearly a week full of things…

Feb. 4 - a tiny doll dress from scraps

Feb. 5 - an inch or so on my WIP sock

Feb. 6 - Pattern testing muslin for yet another doll dress

Feb. 7 - Another couple of doll dresses in yet another size (this is going to be a trend…)

Feb. 8 - Another scrappy doll dress for a friend

I haven’t quite figured out what today’s project is going to be, but I suspect it will be more progress on my sock.

4 Likes

Yesterday and today I have been working on masterboards and an attempt at the Zetti style for the Paper/Mixed Media Craftalong. I think the atc is in the style. I also used @geekgirl’s tool of drywall tape–so fun! I will probably add some circles or stencil to the masterboards.

7 Likes

My thing is the blanket rows (I ordered another 18 skeins of yarn for my “stash busting blanket” lol) and time spent knitting a sweater.

4 Likes

I quilted the runner I helped finish. It was just stitch in the ditch so nothing exciting. I will have to try and get a picture with the quilting but I got one of the top together.

7 Likes

I made three 12"x12" masterboards and now look at the sweet stack of ready-made atc backgrounds I have to choose from!

This is what makes masterboards so cool!

10 Likes

I made a little fabric frame for yesterday’s cross stitch, but I don’t want to show it until I completed the whole project, which hopefully, will be tomorrow! I am working through my large stash of linen and now have a pile of scraps that I also want to us up…

1 Like

9/29 … today I packed away the t-shirt quilt until my friend gives me the go ahead to finish it. I also added a few more rows to my shawl.

3 Likes

One niche into it and I already know this is going to be a new favorite of mine. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Nothing finished, but Friday/Saturday was working on a new SCA underdress from a pattern I haven’t tried before, & yesterday I did another row or so of my Krampus hat.

2 Likes

I haven’t posted the past few days. I’ve worked more in my art journal, crocheted some and did a lot of cooking.

3 Likes

I got the heel flap on my sock done yesterday. Progress!

@Lynx Pretty! I love a good thick stack of pretty paper/materials. Can one make an ATC book? That would be such a nice chunk o’ inspiration.

4 Likes

Saturday I created another background, this time to cut into ATCoins. I tried adding some words torn from magazines - I like the smaller ones, but not the larger ones so much, they become too disjointed when cut up.

I always love the scrappy bits left over :smiley:

Sunday I made a chocolate cake to try out a new recipe - didn’t use the frosting bit though, made ganache and whipped it up instead

The recipe can be found here - https://www.mariasskitchen.com/black-magic-cake-recipe/?utm_term=chocolate%20cake&utm_campaign=7177999340

9 Likes

when I was a cake decorator this was my go-to chocolate cake recipe!

2 Likes

I have this recipe from hubby’s great grandmother!! Back then, it was called something that is now politically incorrect, but it is the exact same recipe using coffee…so yummy. My hubby gets it on his birthday and I use cream cheese frosting on it.

2 Likes

I bet it is so good with cream cheese frosting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I did a bit of hand quilting on my green quilt and I made brownies.

8 Likes

@seeuudee this cake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I updated my list. Currently most of my crafty energy goes into or attic to office conversion. Right now I’m building a wall to wall desk for my husband. He’s a middle school teacher and desperately needs some real office space at home.
It’s a bit tricky with the slanted ceiling and all. I’m about to finish the middle section which will include some electrical height adjustment.

Maybe I snap a pic later tonight

2 Likes