Three spring sewing projects

Don’t think I posted any of these yet!

This is the dress I posted in-progress pics of in the What’s your sewing method? thread. Finished in early spring. Pattern is self-drafted.

Since I liked the dress, I made it again with short sleeves and a different type of fabric.

My friend is a subscriber to Burda Easy and that’s where I got this pattern from. I was able to sew it in one night and sewed it from a scrap in my stash. It was as bit shapeless (which isn’t surprising since Burda Easy patterns are designed for people who are new to sewing) so I ended up taking it in along the back seam. It’s not my favourite shirt ever but I do wear it, it’s pretty comfortable!

18 Likes

Love the orange dress!

1 Like

Thanks! I like wearing it, too. It’s very cheerful and the fabric is lightweight and comfortable to wear. I first wore it at King’s Day on April 27, our national day. Orange is our national colour and we celebrate by having flea markets in the open air everywhere.

I see there are still tacking stitches visible in the first picture! Didn’t notice those while uploading the picture from a while ago on my phone. Will take a new one tomorrow by daylight.

2 Likes

Very nice! I love that fabric of the top - so cheery and sunny!

1 Like

I want to live in a place where a king is celebrated with flea markets!

Great stitching!

3 Likes

Yes, King’s Day is the best! My favourite holiday of the year. I highly recommend visiting the Netherlands in late April. The fun part is many people don’t really have strong feelings about the monarchy in general and especially not about our current King (not a strong dislike either, just “meh”). King’s Day is really “our” day, not his day, where we get to party, eat orange-flavoured food, drink orange-flavoured drinks, sell our old stuff in the street and bring other people’s old stuff home. Many kids also earn a bit of pocketmoney that day by selling homemade snacks or lemonade or by performing music in the street for tips.

3 Likes

Great fabrics! These each look so comfortable!

1 Like

Very nice! I’m impressed with your ability to draft your own patterns!
It was interesting to learn about King’s Day, I’d never heard of the holiday before.

1 Like

That citrus fabric is the best, love that shirt!

1 Like

:peacock: Hot dang! :dolphin: Your spectacular craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like