Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Cute!
Also, I havent forgotten you and the orcas, have been in a time-warp over here. I’ll let you know when they’re on the wing.

No rush, sister! Whenever it happens I’ll happily fold them into my stash, lol.

1 Like

They’re looking great, living the life!

3 Likes

So I’m going to list some stuff here that I have and need to move along.

I’m gonna start with something kinda big, and will add more later.

I have four vintage quilt tops up for grabs.

I can get dimensions when I get home, but the two Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam tops and the Grandmother’s Flower Garden are all twin size, and I can’t remember about the Jacob’s Ladder.

The Grandmother’s Flower Garden and Jacob’s Ladder are both made of sturdy, workaday cottons, ready to be quilted. The two applique quilts not as much. They’re appliqued to a really soft, gauzy type of cotton, as you can tell just by how transparent it is. And they’ve been laundered, so there are a lot of frayed edges and seams of questionable strength. They might be better to actually cut around the appliques and re-apply them onto something else. or stitch the whole thing down to a foundation cotton before then quilting it.

I just can’t resist these vintage quilt tops, especially when I find them for the price I got these… but I am not actually interested in quilting them, and I don’t need to OWN them just for them to sit around until someday my kid needs to get rid of them.

7 Likes

I love that hexie top but I’m in Canada :cry:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
That hexie top almost exactly matches a finished quilt that I inherited from my great grandmother!

10 Likes

I mean, I’m not opposed to shipping to Canada. Fabric can be heavy, though.

Anything you want I could ship you in return? I seriously love it.
Or maybe I could ask @curiousfae to hold onto it for me… she’s in MI & we need a visit soon!

3 Likes

I would totally be your fabric mule @Magpie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I got a new shuttle and my bobbins were too short. Pony beads from @irid3sc3nt to the rescue!

14 Likes

Wahoo! I’m helping in a tiny part to make something gorgeous!

5 Likes

Does anyone want random TM patches? I have so so so many! Most are stitched but unembellished. If there’s a certain color or size you’re looking for please let me know :smile: edited to say I found enough “buyers” for now, thanks! :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

These are amazing!

1 Like

That looks so awesome in a pile like that! Are you sure you don’t need a journal cover or a blender cosy or something?

1 Like

I’m sure! :sweat_smile: these are the NINE panels I’ve stitched together for furture journals or bags :joy:

11 Likes

Whoa, amazing!

2 Likes

if no one has claimed either or both of the Sunbonnet Sue quilt tops, I am interested. US zip code is 33755, let me know what postage will be and where to paypal it. Anything that you are looking for craftwise?

1 Like

Hang them as ornaments on a rustic Christmas tree (if you celebrate Christmas)!

If you have enough to sew 2 together for each ornament, you could make it an advent calendar.

Make a door wreath out of them.

2 Likes

Happy birthday @Keptwench !

1 Like

ty kindly. Not sure how I feel about this one, given that it has a zero at the end of it. :crazy_face:

3 Likes