Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I’ll take all of it, but I find that the variegated ones make for more visually interesting striping so I love those :heart: I’ll PM you now, thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ve got some fun variegated I’ll send.

This is a tool made to measure WPI, but you could also wrap around a ruler and count the WPI, then convert w this chart

https://www.crochet.com/mini-tool-wraps-per-inch/p/83853

2 Likes

Last chance for the shawl in my post - if no one wants it, I’m going to frog it & use the yarn for something else.

eta: it’s been claimed :slight_smile:

I’m looking for 4" squares of fabric with a strong image in the middle-any colour. I’m making an economy quilt and I’ve still got about 30 blocks to make. I’ve used most of what I have and I’m really trying to have each block a different image.

Caveat: I am in Ireland, so it’s international mail, but a 4" block should fit in a regular envelope.

This is what an economy block quilt looks like
8" Economy Quilt Block Tutorial if anyone can help, I’ll love you forever.

5 Likes

The tutorial says you need a 4-1/2 inch center block! You will need the extra 1/2" for seams or else your other pieces won’t fit!

2 Likes

The one I’m making is smaller, it’s 3.5" centres. I should have chosen the larger size, I wouldn’t have needed so many blocks!!

5 Likes

oh…phew…I will cut some out for you!

3 Likes

Thanks my lovely, and thanks for making sure I wasn’t having menopause/Covid/chemo brain -pick one :wink: :grin: (ok it’s four years since I’ve had chemo, but I’m still claiming it, it’s a useful excuse)

8 Likes

I’ll check my stash tomorrow, but I’m not sure I have much with a strong image. But you never know!

1 Like

I’ll send some along.

2 Likes

You’re an angel xxx

1 Like

I can send some, but not until after the 10th…on vacation. I’ll check back after I am back.

2 Likes

@Edel - I can certainly send some - are you looking for children’s themes especially or any image?

And can you PM me your address - I can get these in the mail on Saturday.

2 Likes

Anything at all really. You see when I was a child I read a story many times(and can’t remember what it was) but in it there was a child who was sick (?) Or visiting and there was a quilt on the bed, and each square of the quilt had different animals on it. It’s clearly lodged in my brain, because I have a notion that if I ever had a grandchild, that a quilt with different images would be a magical thing.

Of course my daughter would need to find a partner first, :grin: I’m getting a wee bit ahead of myself.

These are examples of some of the blocks, they have everything on them.

13 Likes

This is definitely going to be magical for a grandchild one day!

1 Like

I’m glad you shared more examples. I have more fabric that fits your needs than thought.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :heart::heart::heart:

Oh my word, the fabrics! Ha, manatees! I love them.
I also have appropriate prints to send you. I’m a bit worried you’ll be overwhelmed by the avalanche of fabric that it looks like we’ll be sending you, lol.

5 Likes

Have you seen her craft space? She’s got the room! haha

5 Likes