Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Thank you for the kitty fabric @Kwality570! & no, it’s totally not too late at all. I’m collecting a stash of it for a project I’ll work on in the fall :slight_smile:

Thanks for catching me up with your letter, funny because I just sent one to you this morning!

1 Like

This is probably a long shot but does anyone have a stash of those super thin plastic bags that newspapers are frequently in? I’m looking for any colors and rips are fine.

I’ve seen some really cool weaving projects where you use the bags as weft and then sew them into totes. I can buy the bags new but that would completely defeat the purpose of the project :slight_smile:

I’ll need a good amount of them for the project (and I’d like to make multiple totes) so consider this an ongoing request if you come across any :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are they the same as the produce bags at the grocery? They are thin but only come in clear and pale green here…I know I have seen red and yellow in the past, but I haven’t seen newspapers much around here.

Produce bags are a good idea, I hadn’t thought of that! I think they are a different type of plastic (more stretchy?) but I think they could potentially work. We buy so much produce that I’m kind of embarrassed that I didn’t think of that :woman_facepalming:

My quick googling tells me that the newspaper bags are made from low-density polyethylene (LDPE) whereas produce bags are made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE).

Newspaper bags are generally recommended for the project I want to do so I’ll keep my open ISO out for them but will start saving my produce bags too. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

I will start “collecting” them from the driveways when I see them… :innocent:

3 Likes

Kitty fabric? What are you looking for.

Hey, @Magpie! Did you get the kitty fabric I sent? It was quite a while ago. (Black fabric with midcentury mod cats.)

I just added some birdie panels :bird:

edited: claimed by @PrincessP

3 Likes