Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Guilty. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I love the manatees and the otters. The spider is there for balance!

4 Likes

Oh, aye. And the beer :laughing:

3 Likes

Exactly!! This hypothetical child will be well rounded

4 Likes

Everyone who sends will be part of the magical quilt! awwwww

7 Likes

Oh, this warms my heart. :heart::heart:

1 Like

I know, I love this so much :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I just love how everyone helps one another out here!
Such an amazing community!!

2 Likes

Was it “The Dream Quilt” https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51A3PEBW5TL.jpg

1 Like

WOW–that looks like an amazing book!

I don’t think so but I can’t be sure, I’m going to have to get it and have a look, because it looks really interesting.

Edit: no not that one, that was published in 1999, the one I’m thinking of would have had to be published in the 70s

2 Likes

Now I am looking up and finding such lovely books!

2 Likes

Only book this morning’s search brought up was “Flying Patchwork Quilt” by B. Brenner published in 1970. Not a lot of information on that one.

A selection of French mooks - magazine/books.
I got these for free on FB Free Stuff in San Francisco. I have already gutted one for the text and photos. The paper inside has a great feel - thicker than copy/printer paper but not as thick as Vogue or NatGeo pages.

Let me know if you’d like one - they are thick & heavy so I prefer to mail individually. If you want them all, we’ll talk.

2 Likes

I can’t decide if these are worth offering or if they’re just “dispose however” level.

They’ve gone a bit fuzzy. Thoughts?

1 Like

Are you on Ravelry? Someone there might be looking for more of that yarn to finish something. Also people on eBay buy weird leftover chunks of yarn too. I should know, I bought like 6-8 partial skeins of Lion Brand Homespun when making that Weasley Afghan for @sheepBlue.

4 Likes

I guess ”list” is a bit of a stretch since this is one item.

Anyone in need/want of a bog roll holder?

It’s a kit with the material to stitch on, the wooden dowel, and pattern if you want. Someone have started the bottom motif, but it can probably be unpicked if cows and ducks are not your thing. It’s a pattern from Permin of Copenhagen.

No more embroidery thread, except a length of black trailing behind.

2 Likes

I wish there was a spot like this on Rav that I could search out peeps iso a particular yarn and then I could reach out to them. If no one wants it here I think I’ll just send it out into the world to seek its fortune via donation or something.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the closest would be to add them to your stash and mark as ok to sell/trade. I could point you to several Swedish facebook groups where it would work to offer them, but I doubt it’ll help. I follow one called ”en meter garn” (a metre of yarn) that’s for people to ask for small amounts of yarn that’s missing for them to complete a project. Like no more than a skein. I haven’t needed to use it, but I figure some day someone might ask about something I have and can gelp with.

2 Likes

I’m interested if you still have the yarn …

1 Like