Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Are you in the happy mail craftalong? Everybody is so stoked when they get cool stickers!
My daughter & her friends love them too. Feel free to send me whatever!

2 Likes

I am not, but I like to see what people send and it sounds like you’re getting a grip of stickers!

1 Like

@Magpie I started my LGB op shop adventures for you yesterday, and while I didn’t find one from your list I definitely found one that I can send you :hugs: I’ll be going along to a few fave op shops tomorrow, where the Children’s books are v cheap, so hopefully I score some there.
Are you only looking for ‘good enough to regift’ copies, or are ones that could be upcycled in crafting ok too?

1 Like

Well thanks! & have fun :blush:. I so enjoy thrifting myself.
The Tawny Lion I would happily deconstruct a rough copy. The others are less likely.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in this also! I make lots of jewelry but there are a lot of techniques I’ve wanted to try. Something like this might inspire me to do something new.

4 Likes

your opening comment cracks me up!

I have some sugar n cream yarn if you are still looking for it?

1 Like

Hahaha! I’m glad it does. I dunno how many times I’ve watched Thor: Ragnarok and most recently that line tickled my funny bone so I use it quite a bit.

Sure I could use some Sugar n Cream if you want to send it. I make washcloths for friends and family out of it.

2 Likes

I added some pink fabric strips and alphabet beads to my list.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the Christmas fabric! It’s lovely!:grinning:

1 Like

Some mystery person sent me yarn! Thank you so much! I like using yarn remnants to make stripey washcloths.

10 Likes

LOL it was me!
I totally forgot to include my LC name…
Hope it will work for you!
And was a good way for me to clear out the overflow of cotton yarn around here, so a win/win!

5 Likes

Oh thank you so much! I was going to reverse lookup the tracking info and see if I recognized the area it came from, but I figured this was much easier.
I’m glad it helped your stash! Now you can buy more yarn :joy:

2 Likes

Shhhhh! Don’t let my inner yarn hoarder hear you say that :laughing:

2 Likes

I went out with a friend I haven’t seen in ages over the weekend. She popped into mine after and we sat nattering, managed to offload a crochet shawl (that I hadn’t planned to give away) and some alpaca roving(? - the stuff that those awesome people who spin turn into yarn).

I gave her some carders last year to give to her mum, because it turns out I can’t spin. So now her mum will get the alpaca roving. Her mum also owns alpaca’s!

Destash happens in many ways

12 Likes

My daughter and I packed up some yarn to send off to @prettymess and that evening we were sitting around talking about all the things we had accomplished that day and when we got to the yarn shipment I said, “And look at the space we made in the yarn cabinet!”
She replied, “Now you can go to the yarn store!”
She’s not yet 4 but she totally gets it. hahaha!

16 Likes

Cat fabric from @Edel & an awesome little pocket lettery thing, so cool! Thanks friend :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

I received some pretty Christmas fabric scraps from @Cindy! Thank you so much!

Also, I need to say thank you once again to @irid3sc3nt for the amazzzing box she sent me! I was so surprised when my husband brought it in! Wonderful stuff! I’ve already crafted with some of it! Lol I would post pictures, but unfortunately, my phone ate them. There were tons of Ink Stamps, both clear and wooden, lots of washi, fabric, felt, punches, and more! It felt like Christmas! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m so glad you liked it!!! :grin: :unicorn:

1 Like

Is anyone interested in learning how to knit with a Knook? In a moment of impulse buying, I bought a kit, and in reality, I like crocheting and knitting just as they are and don’t want to even try.

I tried putting it out for free locally with no takers. The next stop will be the charity box.

3 Likes

Is a knook like viking knitting? Or something different again?