Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I’m wondering this too!

It looks like a very long crochet hook with a hole at the other end. You attach cord to the hole. It is suppose to make crochet look like knitting for people who don’t knit.

I just bought a kit and have never used it. Looks too fussy to me since I knit and crochet. You can see it in action on YouTube.

1 Like

Ok now i have to look cause it just sounds like tunisian crochet

some info on knooking:
review: The Knook – PlanetJune by June Gilbank: Blog

I’d Rather Be Knooking

cc @chameleonhound
@mellybelly81

4 Likes

Hmmm, that sounds fascinating. I’d totally give it a try, if you’re still trying to find a home for your kit.

3 Likes

Thank you! that looks like a whole bunch of “nope” for me. I crochet for a reason. my knitting is so insanely freeking slow!!

2 Likes

exactly…if I did not knit, I might have tried it…but I do not need a third yarn thing! lol

2 Likes

Tried it, hated it, donated it.

1 Like

I’ll send it to Jennie and she can always donate it for me… :rofl:

6 Likes

@endymion thank you for these treasures, I love this book!

8 Likes

Anyone remember Brunny? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

8 Likes

I love it! :heart:

2 Likes

Your sweater is amazing! Kudos to your mom!

1 Like

Hi, does anyone have sock yarn to swap? My wife has a new vintage sock knitting machine and is practicing.

1 Like

I’ll send some in exchange for the quilt block you sent me! I have been struggling with what to send you, so this would help me and her! lol

3 Likes

Thank you! Perfect swap! My DW has really jumped into this and promised me at least one sock. :rofl:

8 Likes

lol hopefully, she means a pair…

2 Likes

Or maybe one giant sock that could double as a sleeping bag!

5 Likes

No, she is going to practice one sock over and over again until she makes a good one. LOL I sure do hope that she makes another then.

It’s a fascinating machine and process. I’ll learn later when I have an expert teacher who makes one sock at a time. :grinning:

5 Likes

I have several “one” socks that I used to test patterns until I could do them correctly. They are not perfect, but still wearable, even if they don’t match! How fun…I think she will enjoy it!

4 Likes