Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Oh yeah, those were all over Deadster. I remember tons of people making them.

1 Like

Very nice!! Much nicer than what my google was turning up ( which was almost completely voodoo dolls Oh My!)

I could see doing smaller needle felted versions!
So: elfish ears & fairy wings & fanciful hair-like things. :wink:

2 Likes

I believe the pattern belonged to a specific member of Deadster. She would let folks use it for the swaps. So everyone used the same pattern but got to customize it.

2 Likes

Ghilie made the patterns. She was incredibly generous with her help too. She had ALS, it was getting pretty bad before C-ster closed. Someone has kept her blog going.

1 Like

Yes, the deal was that she’d send anyone the pattern, and in exchange you had to post anything you made from it on the site.

4 Likes

The patterns are all on her blog still, & instructions. I’m going to make some elf cupcake dolls for a lady I met in the mall. There’s a bunny version too, frikken adorable. I need some ultrasuede for their bodies, I haven’t had any of that in years.

1 Like

Doeskin is also excellent for use in making these dolls. There are some pretty nice faux suedes and faux doeskin that are less costly and a lot easier to use. Joann’s sells microsuedes as well.

1 Like

Sadly, Joann’s is not in Canada

The good news is that you have Ketchup Chips. :rofl:

2 Likes

Nanaimo bars, poutine, buttertarts, beavertails, so many chocolate bars & chip flavours. We got the primo snack foods DOWN, for sure :yum:

4 Likes

Pringles makes a Ketchup Chip (available at Walmart) - just bought some yesterday for my son who loves them!

Whaaaaat? :flushed: Okay now I have to see if any stores by me carries it.

3 Likes

Does anyone need a small fixed length circular needle? I got these for knitting 2 at a time socks but finally admitted that I am not a sock knitter. Looks like I have the following

Sizes

• 0 (2.0mm)
  • 1 (2.25mm)
  • 1 (2.5mm)
  • 2 (2.75mm)
  • 2 (3.0mm)
  • 3 (3.25mm)

Lengths

• 24” x 2 (3 in the size 3.25mm)
  • 32” (only 3.0mm)

9 Likes

If only I knew which makes what… I will make socks eventually. I just haven’t a clue how yet.

2 Likes

My grabby hands didnt even look closely and just wanted to hip-check people like brides-to-be at an old Filene’s basement gown sale lol

5 Likes

:joy: well let me know which one(s) you’d like! They’re not doing anyone any good sitting in my closet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very generous offer, @photojenn … now that I am doing a destash and WIP roundup, I have found multiples of needles…I don’t need more and will curb my grabby hands… lol

4 Likes

OMG, same, LOL.

I don’t know what I would use these for…but I’m so tempted!

2 Likes

Hermione’s Everyday Sock :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ll look through my stuff to see if I have any already. Are you on the hunt for anything I can look for to send to you?

1 Like