Use the good stuff craftalong

Oh ya, she gets it.

“Supplies may be filling your art space, expanding beyond your organizational system, or even overwhelming you to the point of stopping you from creating.”

10 Likes

Thanks for posting that, it’s so true and we all can use the reminder.

3 Likes

This applies to real life as well…waiting for the perfect moment to do something, make something, say something…NOW is the perfect moment!

I love you guys for embracing this and encouraging each other to use the good stuff…

5 Likes

Good stuff comes in all mediums! There’s a new badge for hoarders of all kinds of good stuff!

Lettuce Craft has six distinct categories for crafting and some of our most adventurous crafters have journeyed onto all of these boards. They are our Crafty Chameleons!

If you have posted 3 or more projects to each of the crafting categories:
Art
Home & Garden
Fashion & Wearables
Fiber & Textiles
Food & Drink
Paper & Vinyl Crafts

Send a message to @ moderators along with the links to your projects to claim your badge and have it activated!

5 Likes

I’ve got a great reason to Use the Good Stuff… a new LC Challenge!

1 Like

Used lots of special little bits for this fabric covered spool.
Gold thread from my gran, vintage button, beads and bell. Hemp twine bought at a store in my little sister’s town last time I went to visit her.

8 Likes

This is so beautiful! I love the good stuff and the execution is amazing. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is gorgeous

2 Likes

I made a shawl from some of my good yarn!

(I was going to share it earlier, but I had a hard time getting a good photo of it.)

8 Likes

Post-covid fatigue is really kicking my ass right now. Zero crafty motivation, or life motivation for that matter

So I decided to make one tiny thing today, but in the making of it, I used the good stuff. @Magpie sent me a stitched piece of scrappy paper awesomeness and I’ve been saving it, but today I used some of it in this bookmark.

I also had in stash sheets of very strange and random quote stickers from AliExpress, so I added a bit of dada-esque poetry.

14 Likes

That looks lovely & like a satisfying make. I feel your fatigue, it’s still with me too. Hope the summer sun chases it away soon!

@loves2experiment send me that stitched ribbon in a paper swap. She spoiled me frikken rotten, omg. I’m still using the cool stuff she sent me.

4 Likes

That is so cool!! And I love your dada-esque AliExpress poetry so very much :joy_cat:

Hope you feel better and more energetic soon!

3 Likes

Sometimes you just have to take the small victories…hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes

so sorry about the fatigue, etc.
your scrappy bookmark is wonderful! I like everything about it! thx for posting
and I sure hope you feel better soon
:heart:

2 Likes

I started knitting a lace pair of socks this past weekend, using yarn that I bought in April 2019. I have a very bad problem with being too precious with art supplies. This is a gorgeous shade of my favorite color teal.

Ravelry links:
yarn: Black Cat Fibers Nomad Sock, Sleep with the Fishes colorway
pattern: Fritillary sock, by VeryBusyMonkey

14 Likes

Yay! for using the good stuff! It’s beautiful yarn and it’s going to make an awesome pair of socks.

The name of that colorway is great! Do they have a ‘Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli?’

3 Likes

Wow, both the yarn and the pattern are gorgeous! What a fabulous project for the good stuff!!

2 Likes

ha, maybe! They do have a bunch of fun names:

3 Likes

They have my #1 fave colourway!

3 Likes

Oh, the colors! :scream: :heart_eyes:

I do not need more yarn. I do not need more yarn. I do not… :crazy_face:

4 Likes