Use the good stuff craftalong

I’m kind of the same, except in my case it’s fill a yard pieces from spoonflower. But now that you’ve drawn my attention to it. I think I’ll cut them into individual sections and see if the lovely prints inspire me.

@calluna I love that book, the trim is awesome and the button fab! I needed to use the smaller of the two strips on my photo above, but the bigger is unused. It’s about 6"*23" I can mail it to you if you would like. Pm me your address if you want it.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for offering, but I’m winnowing down my fabric stash and doing nothing with pretty fabrics for now. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome to it if you change your mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (stash enabler here)

3 Likes

Car craft includes this fave swirly blue fabric.

Everything in me was hollering to hoard it in
stash, that’s how I know for sure I should use it.

9 Likes

I’m using the good stuff! Bought this fabric made using a scanned and digitally altered gelli print masterboard of mine. It’s printed on a cotton canvas.

Chair cushion covers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I wanted to make four but only bought enough fabric for three… oh well! It will be enough for the dining table chairs at least :upside_down_face: Here’s the first one

I used some clearance fabric for part of the undersides :wink:

17 Likes

It’s fabulous!!! I love the fabric and it looks so good on the chairs.

2 Likes

Those are beautiful! Well done.

2 Likes

Great job! They are functional and pretty!

I have been using “cheaper” fabric for the backsides of pillows and cushions as well…saving the good stuff for the important parts!

3 Likes

This one is tough. I love this brocade, even if I don’t love sewing with it. But I’m making a velvet throw for a friend and it’s the best fabric I have for the reverse… And it’s stunning. And I’m about to use it all.

Wish me luck.

Is going to be with this velvet and this trim

15 Likes

Wow, what a fabulous combination! It’s going to be beautiful!!

2 Likes

I had to steel myself with a glass of wine and some stilton.

Not sure how well that goes with sewing but heigh ho.

11 Likes

Gorgeous. You will never regret the making of such a beautiful thing. And what a gift! Wow.

1 Like

Well stilton makes the fabric, the thread, sewing machine and other inanimate objects carry on conversations with me lol so the sewing would go well until I sobered up! Its beautiful though I hope they really enjoy it!

1 Like

I finished it and it’ll be difficult to part with! Hard to get a good photo of it. It’s dark here.

17 Likes

That is the most luxurious thing I’ve seen in ages!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

It was so easy to make, a vintage velvet curtain and that delicious brocade, with a long fringe (from AliExpress) I don’t know if I’ve any more brocade, but I want one for me now. It’s so gorgeous to touch.

2 Likes

It looks amazing! I can see why you’ll be sad to part with it, the brocade is beautiful. But you are right that they go wonderfully together and it will be a wonderful gift!

1 Like

Thank you :grin: they actually got better together under real light. The photo doesn’t reproduce them accurately.

2 Likes

That’s really beautiful! I would love to be able to reach through the screen just to pet it - brocade and velvet😍!

3 Likes