Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

Or as an “art smock” for keeping her clothes clean, but showing off her own work?? Something that can be sized so it is still useable while she is in that growing so fast stage?

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad, what a cute little stuffie. I would love to make a fabric version!

When I made my SIL a flannel lap quilt, I purchased some additional charm squares to finish off the quilt back. I recently found them in the box of leftovers from that project. I use the trays that come with catfood orders from Chewey as project trays and there are a ‘few’ of them stacked up in the corner.

So I used most the leftovers to create this:

]

I did order more fabric to add borders and backing, every scrap project creates more scrap! I’ll quilt in a spiral heart pattern from the center. Another in progress lap quilt to donate through Laps Full of Love.

11 Likes

This convo has totally inspired me to print the old drawings I have on shirts. Won’t they be surprised to see me wearing those? LOL, I have some really good ones

14 Likes

Now I’ve fully unpacked all of my craft supplies I’ve figured out I’ve got way too much dressmaking scraps. Anyone has any ideas for those? They’re usually odd-shaped, so quite useless for most projects. I’ve used larger scraps to make pillowcases, but there are only so many pillowcases a person needs.

My quilting scraps are in a different bin, but they’re more useful because they’re usually straight and quilting requires little bits of fabric.

4 Likes

I have a lot of random fabrics, including dress and upholstery, from my grandmother’s stash and am going to try the glued fabric bowls that @Smmarrt showed us a couple of months ago

5 Likes

I use lots of random shape and fiber scraps for scrapplique.
Here’s my favorite:

It was partly inspired by the tickertape quilts, which can also use odd scraps

4 Likes

I want to see more scrappy projects! Anyone else need a scrappy fix?

Make something with your fabric scraps. Post here and post out there. Each scrappy project will be given a raffle ticket. A fabulous prize awaits at the end of of the summer, so plenty of time of use those scraps!

9 Likes

We need a badge for you that reads “Rogue Motivator” or something more clever.

10 Likes

ha ha I am spending today cutting up a bin full of scraps but I need the projects of my fellow scrap users to get me to make things out of them!

My plans so far:

1. Giant tote bag like the one @tendstowardschaos made
  2. Fabric bin like the one @magpie made for me
  3. scrappy pillow cover like @abbeeroad made

Of course, there are plenty more scrappy projects to add to my list if I have any scraps left over… :rofl: :flushed:

9 Likes

How timely, I just watched a Karen Brown video that’s perfect for scraps. I have a teeny fox face pattern I wanted to test out for coasters, I’m sure mount scrapmore will have everything I need!

6 Likes

Yes please!

5 Likes

I have a t-shirt to turn into a dress that needs to be visibly patchworked… (It’s a reduce/reuse/recycle one)

7 Likes

Hey @kittykill would it be possible to share the recording of that fabric bead class I taught in '21? It’s such a fun scrappy project. I just watched it again & now I wanna make that beaded curtain I was talking about!

6 Likes

That’s a lot of beads! I have a fabric bead kit that I set up with scraps, thread and interfacing…I won’t pack that until the last minute, if at all … I can carry it in the car on our long trip back home!

5 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! It’s a great travel craft for sure little, light, quick & easy. TM squares too, they’re basically the same materials!

4 Likes

I also carry my kimono fabric tag stitching and my embroidery fabric journal stitching. All of those are ongoing and easy to take along. My daily stitching meditation…

5 Likes

You would need to check with @MistressJennie on that one. I don’t think I have access since I’m not a mod.

3 Likes

@kittykill , I never knew where you uploaded the classes, or had access to them.

2 Likes

I have an email with a zoom link & password

2 Likes

I believe they are just on zoom. We recorded them and kept them there.

2 Likes