Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

I like Siggie’s scrappy style!

3 Likes

a long time ago, @Phizzychick sent me a swap item in the coolest organic chicken egg box from the UK…I loved what she sent but I got a bit too excited about the box…it was cool…I am saving it for a shrine…and yeah, I keep coffee cozies, cool tea bag labels…I can’t have @magpie over my house because she likes to…touch things…ha ha ha…

3 Likes

Phizzy is legit amazeballs. Oh, to sit in her studio, amiright???

3 Likes

She is indeed…my sister and I gave each other some of her original art work that she had turned into prints…ha ha…we both admire her work

4 Likes

@geekgirl thanks, gg!! It is one of the few projects I sat down and she just came to life. I know she’s small, but she was hard to ship.

off into the world, you go!

4 Likes

Oh yes, all the ribbons go in a different container. They have to be saved for reusing. Suspenders? Headband? Package wrap?

But for all the organizing, I still had to go buy more double sided tape. What gives?

2 Likes

ha ha I feel like I would win at Let’s Make a Deal… yeah…in my purse…

6 Likes

You win!

Most of the time, I leave the house with my phone, wallet and keys and extras.

I need to make a new coaster for my mug…those fabric scraps are begging to be used!

2 Likes

You are the cats’ meow, AIMR! I could have just popped by your house, instead!

3 Likes

I used leftover bits from cutting up an ugly (really ugly) pink wool jacket that I found at Goodwill for these. I felted the jacket. Then, I cut out two hearts for each earring.
IMG_20191120_104426|666x500 IMG_20191117_151826|666x500

The front of each earring is embroidered. One embroidered piece and one plain piece are stitched together with a jump ring attached between them. I used stuffing from murdered dog toys between the layers to give it a little dimension.

15 Likes

I can’t wear earrings and that’s unfortunate. I love these. Your stitching looks really good and I like they are made from recycled items.

3 Likes

While not scraps per say, I also save the pins that come in some clothes (mainly men’s dress shirts). Those are my ‘bad’ pins and I use them for things that you probably shouldn’t use the nice pins for like dipping/spreading tiny spots of paint or glue or starting holes in things. That way if they dull or break, I didn’t mess up any of the good ones :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m getting so many awesome ideas from this thread…you guys are fab!

3 Likes

Nice way to cover up a lot of the “ugly”!

3 Likes

Okay but I am the kind of person who buys scraps intentionally… I should definitely be here. I have an excuse! the things I want them for are tiny!

5 Likes

@witchery I buy scraps intentionally, as well. I find some nice pieces on eBay from a couple of fabric sellers. Most of my projects are small and/or a mix of lots of different fabrics, so scraps are perfect! We should swap scraps sometime. :slight_smile:

I have made 2 sets of fabric embroidered inchies, and I love them so much. I have a ziplock bag of the tiniest scraps for future inchies.

5 Likes

My mom used to call any dress upon which she had dropped food and drink her “soup dress”, you would just have to boil it for another meal! lol!!

4 Likes

Squee!! Excitement!

2 Likes

I so badly want to show them off now, but I can’t ruin the surprise. I think you will really like them. Lots and lots of texture! :blush::blush::blush:

5 Likes

I have been meaning to get a pic of my scraps to join in, but keep forgetting! Though I must say, my scrap stash pales in comparison, lol. I try to donate a lot of fabric/larger scraps scraps to our local library every year to keep my personal stash down. My house is SMALL!

Joyful - I LOVE your slow cloth pieces!

Anyway, here are some of my recent scrappy projects. I hope to get a lot more of these done this year!

A scrappy bookmark for curiousfae:

Scrappy wings for girls’ Halloween costumes:

And a scrappy pouch I embellished for the Garage Sale:

I’m also trying to use scraps for jewelry making - longer 1-inch wide pieces wrap great around clothesline!

OH! And I want to make more fabric beads, too L2E!! So fun.

16 Likes