Video game ornaments

A few years ago, I made some plastic canvas ornaments for my husband. We have a tiny tree that he decorates every Christmas with the ornaments I made. He keeps asking me to making more, so maybe I’ll finally do that this year.

mario%20collage001
mario002

playstation001

Most of them are Nintendo ornaments, because there are plenty of charts out there that are small and yet detailed. If I can even find PlayStation characters, they’re often quite a bit larger. Spyro is worked on a smaller count of plastic canvas, and he’s still pretty big.

35 Likes

Ooh want the tetris heart! Not just great ornaments but also a great crafty post put together to show them off! Too much awesome to comment on it all but this is really fantastic.

2 Likes

:mushroom:1up for @storerboughtcreation :grin:

Seriously though, these are really cute.

2 Likes

Pure awesomeness! Love the geeky themed tree.

2 Likes

Oh man, my son would flip for that tree!

2 Likes

How fun!

2 Likes

Such a fun tree. I especially love the Tetris heart and the vintage Nintendo controller!

2 Likes

These are awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

My husband loves this tree!! So cool :star:

2 Likes

Oh wow! My boyfriend would love these! All of the ones you got were just searched on the internet, right?

I may have to try to make these for next Christmas since we currently have two trees and hope to make one a kind of themed tree.

1 Like

I found them on Pinterest. Try searching for perler bead patterns. Also, @TheMistressT recently brought a website called Brik to my attention, and I saw they have a lot of small charts you could use, too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone! I read these comments to my hubby, and they made him happy. And of course prompted him to request more ornaments. :laughing:

1 Like

This is the coolest, nerdiest, most awesome Christmas tree ever!! Love it! I adore that even the start on top is a video game sprite :laughing:

2 Likes

Amazing! I love your moogle!

And that retro controller is perfect.

2 Likes

Love them! We have a bunch of video game ornaments on our tree but none of them are homemade.

2 Likes

Oh your tree is so much fun! It’s like a blast to the past! I wish my dh would get as excited about my crafts as some of yours do.

2 Likes

What a cool and geeky tree :smiley: of course he wants more!!

2 Likes

These are so cute! I love them :smile:

2 Likes

fun, Fun, FUN!! It’s like my tweener years all over again!

:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Those are great! The old-school pixellation lends itself nicely to the needlepoint. :+1:

2 Likes