Vintage kitchenware cross stitch

No, we don’t really get plastic bags any more either. It’s about 30 cm long so that’s why I thought of a tote bag. I’d have to add some fabric to the sides to get the right shape. At least this way I’d get some use out of it. I don’t need any more pillow covers.

I could make a wall hanging for the kitchen, I love the idea, but doesn’t fabric in the kitchen eventually get pretty dirty? And honestly framed items look nice but I just hate framing so much.

2 Likes

The colors you chose are amazing! What a cool piece. This would be amazing for a bag insert.

2 Likes

Whatever you do with it, will be great! Love the design and your stitching is fabulous. If you frame it, maybe glass would protect it from kitchen grease? If you do a bag, maybe there is some sort of protective coating you could give it. Would it work to put a clear vinyl over it? I know there used to be some spray-on products to protect from water and spills, also. Are those still a thing?

2 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Whatever you do with it, I hope it stays safe and clean. It’s wonderfully done.

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Vintage Kitchenware Cross Stitch is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Yaaaay! :smiley:

Oh I love it, the colours and the shapes. it is wonderful

1 Like

Beautiful work! I do think it would make a lovely tote bag!

1 Like

I finally made the tote bag today:

It has extra long handles (WOF x 5", folded twice) and is lined with unbleached cotton. I love extra long handles on a bag so I can wear it cross body or over a big winter coat.

10 Likes

The modern fabric goes perfectly with it! Good choice! Looks sturdy and ready to do a lot of shopping when you can!

1 Like

Ditto what AIMR said: that was the perfect fabric to use. I love that you were able to turn the cross stitch into something functional!

1 Like

Thanks! It took me a while to find the right fabric. I was looking for a print that looked modern and matched the pattern on the kitchenware. I found this one in a local shop that sells mid-century modern fabrics. The owner even delivered it to my house because the mail is so unreliable these days.

2 Likes

The fabric was worth the wait! It sets the panel off beautifully, and because it’s a neutral tone, it doesn’t compete with the vibrancy of the stitch work!

1 Like

The bag turned out wonderful.
I keep scrolling back up to look at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s fantastic! Well done of finishing the cross stitch into a practical bag :grin:

2 Likes

That looks so fantastic, what a work of practical artistry! Love it.

1 Like

Never in a million years would I have thought to do that! Brilliant!

1 Like

This is super cute! Wonderful fabric - I’m sure you’ll love using it!

1 Like