Vintage owl bag with macrame vibe

I made this today. I love how it turned out! I included a clothespin for scale. I intend to make more of these, and on the next try I’ll double up the yarn to see how much larger I can make it. My iPhone barely fits inside this one. I used a sew on snap for the first time ever with this. Why did I not try these sooner?!

22 Likes

That’s really fun! I love the character and the snap is smart.

1 Like

This reminds me so much of my gran, she had the macrame owl key holder thing, you know? I love that funky vintage stuff. Nicely done, excited to see the bigger version.

1 Like

This is sooooo cuuuuute! I can’t wait to see the larger one! A sew-on magnetic closure would work great for these, too!

1 Like

Adorable little owl! Eager to see the larger version, too.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, this is darling! Such cool new-vintage vibes. Awesome!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this! It totally reminds me of an old wall hanging my grandmother used to have in her house. So adorable!

2 Likes

Oh, very cool! Is this your pattern, or is it available somewhere?

1 Like

Here’s the pattern I used

1 Like

Ahhh I love it!!

1 Like

Thanks! May need to make one for my kid… (her school mascot is an owl)

1 Like

Whoa! This kicks butt!

1 Like

So cute! I love the frumpy expression. He or she looks displeased and/or intense. Intensely displeased? But the feathered chest says, “I’m so fancy.”

2 Likes

Very cute!
But never sewed on a snap before!?!?!?

Be fun if you could find/make a beak-shaped button and do a loop.

1 Like

This came out so perfect! Looking forward to seeing the bigger one!

1 Like

:star_struck: :boom: Wow! This awesome project is featured this week! :boom: :star_struck:

1 Like

This is so cool!! I love the vintage vibe and the plain cream colour really highlights your lovely handiwork.

1 Like