Vintage Sewing Notions Christmas Wreath: Green Holiday “Greens” 2022 Entry

Made for the Santa’s Sack swap.

I wrapped the wreath with a plush yarn and then attached the other items with hot glue.

Many of the sewing notions came from the local creative-reuse store or my own stash that includes estate sale finds.

The spun-cotton Santa head cupcake pick came through my mother’s-side ancestors, who sold bakery supplies from the 1940s - 1960’s.

33 Likes

I love this so much!!! I have a weakness for vintage sewing notions and this is the perfect way to display them

4 Likes

This might be the most clever wreath I’ve ever seen! I love vintage sewing notions, too, and this brings some real treasures together in such a fun and festive way! It’s awesome!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! This is the coolest!! Excellent composition. Those scissors! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I love this! And you know what else would love this? The ongoing contest! You should totally enter it!

4 Likes

Good call!!! :medal_sports:

4 Likes

This is… DELICIOUS! But if this way hung on a door that I walked by, it might end up being single use, because I’d be tempted to steal it!

6 Likes

:astonished: I love this!! I absolutely adore vintage and sewing notions and it didn’t occur to me to have the old sewing notions in with the xmas decorations. It’s just beautiful! You have a real eye for design.

4 Likes

Adorable! it would be hard to pack it away in January.

that green pincushion is crying out for a few colorful pins!

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

This! Is! So! Cool! If LC had a front door, this would be hanging on it for sure.

4 Likes

You really knocked it out of the park on this swap. Another adorable Christmas creation!

1 Like

This is just wow. I love it.

2 Likes

This is just gorgeous Pam!! It’s so beautifully put together, wow!

1 Like

I keep coming back to this- look at the balance of color! The greens opposite each other, etc. Such an eye-pleasing arrangement.

1 Like

Thanks so much! It was fun to make.

Congratulations! Your beautiful wreath is a featured project. Thank you for sharing such a festive and fun project.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

How gorgeous!! What a way to share and spread vintage love!

1 Like

This is just so completely cool!

1 Like