What are you crocheting?

It’s just a blanket where the one stitch looks like the awareness ribbon kinda. You chain 15 then the next row when you sc into the chain you twist the chain to make it look like the twisted ribbon. The one I"m working on is for childhood cancer related.

2 Likes

Oh! That’s awesome!

@bananaleg

3 Likes

Thanks!

I have about 10 WIPs that I just can’t seem to bring myself to finish (a few blankets, a cowl, a few others). I started on something that could be for a swap (you’d get why it ‘could be’ if you saw it). I love crocheting and starting things. I really need to make something besides the standard triangle shawl thing… I’ve made what feels like 9 gazillion of them (Edlothia, Lost Souls, Lost in Time, Secret Paths, Virus Shawl, Granny Triangle). Oh hey! Are y’all on Ravelry? I’m cabaute there (I know, super creative, everywhere le sigh). I’d love to follow others !

1 Like

I just finished making 5 baby sloth amigurumi

I use the lion brand cotton bon bon yarn to make them. 1 bon bon is enough for 1 sloth with a little left over so now I’m using the leftover bits to crochet a cleaning cloth.i love cotton dishcloths but hate using them for really dirty stuff so this is being made for exactly that purpose.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I gave the first blanket away - it was essentially like a twisted scallop.

The main afghan looks like this - but in white with gray centres

But the edging I wanted to do was off this afghan I made

Maybe I will go with the lacy edge again… but again, that is one I kind of made up/adapted at the time - but I think I actually put some notes on that edging in my blog post!

3 Likes

I love the Moogly blog and have learned so much for them. I’ve seen a lot of CAL that cost money, but I trust Moogly to put on a good free event. Plus, I tend to go overboard with my crochet projects…doing ten in a row!!! So I figured doing two blocks a month I won’t lose my crocheting mojo…but won’t go overboard. Bonus! I have a blanket to either gift or keep at the end!

2 Likes

I’m not very active, but I am on ravelry. I’m bananaleg over there, as well.

1 Like

What a great use of those bon bons! I got two packages as gifts years ago and for the longest time I didn’t know what to use them for b/c the amount of yarn was so small!

1 Like

That was before I realized how much you hated amigurumi. :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Geekgirl, those sloths are not amigurumi…they serve a purpose and are tiny and cute! I guess the amigurumi I like/dislike depend on who makes them for me. I love EVERYTHING you make for me! :heart:

I crocheted an octopus for hubby for Xmas, at his request, and I just don’t like making things that don’t serve a purpose. I was railing against it at every step. I also like things that are quick to make, immediate gratification.

Oh boy. So many things! I just finished a baby blanket. I’m actively working on a neckerchief and ear warmer set.
Those colors and patterns are so beautiful!

1 Like

Today I am making a scarf out of scarfie. Then I have a shawl to finish. I am trying to organize myself to work though some of the yarn stash …give the yarn some space to breath, ya know? LOL

2 Likes

I am working on a WIP that was found in the sunroom at my grandparents house. My mum was clearing that out for my grandad so he could use the ramp from there into the backyard and found a disintegrated black rubbish bag full of yarn (which was is perfect condition despite the bag it was in having perished). She thought she’d ask me if I wanted it (and of course I said yes). I didn’t know what was in there when I said yes, but I found this inside!

Its a ‘swinging vest’, pattern from 1972. I have only continued with the easy bit so far, but I have to start the decrease on the other bits now.

1 Like

I have not done any thread crochet in a long time it felt like, and I saw a cool pattern on Pinterest that I really liked - lwispweave snowflake

I have been making some of these lately - using a pretty Aunt Lydia variegated size 10 thread, lavender, and blue - oddly enough, I never thought about white.

I also like her other, similar design - The wispvale snowflake - so I may make that next

3 Likes

They are so lovely in those colors! I am glad she charted her snowflakes…it is a lot easier for me to work from a chart…one of her stitches looks like a tiny mouse…ha ha…looks like a fun pattern to use up the HUGE bag of crochet threads I inherited from my mom…

I can’t work off a graph if it has complex stitches - I am much better with the written rows. But check out her blog - she has some lovely snowflakes and I think I am going to make a few more of her designs.

1 Like

I did check it out! I collect snowflake patterns…I dream of making enough to hang in my foyer during the “winter” months since we don’t get snow here…

3 Likes

@mellybelly81 That is so cool! What a find.