What are your go to weeknight dinner recipes?

Yes! We love the “create your own” approach too.

I will also just put stuff on their plates. They don’t have to eat it but sometimes they do just because it’s there! Not often though.

We used to have a “try it” policy in our house, but the tears were not worth it.

2 Likes

Crack chicken - chicken, ranch mix packet, cream cheese, cooked bacon in a slow cooker

4 Likes

Quesadillas are a pretty standard go-to for us. I’d never thought to use a recipe for them before because, what’s to follow? Meat, or just cheese, tortilla, done, right? Well since we are all sick of the same old I decided to see if we could change it up. I found this recipe and we are hooked!

4 Likes

Looks like a delish recipe. I have some leftover rotisserie chix that might work for this…thanks for the link!

2 Likes

I make your jalapeno popper turkey chili all the time. I pulled some out of the freezer yesterday and mixed with some left over rice and made quesadillas with that. super yummy.

2 Likes

I’ve done this with chicken, italian dressing seasoning packet and cream cheese. that’s really good too.

1 Like

So thankful for these ideas…I am even tired of our meal delivery service food…but, if not for them, we would not eat…came here to find more easy meals and you guys delivered!

1 Like

Omg that sounds so good!!

1 Like

For the Christmas gift, I got a Kushi grill. By now I can say that lime and sesame grilled eggplant is my favorite dish. In a small bowl, I whisk 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1teaspoon of reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper; brush 2 tablespoons juice mixture over both sides of eggplant slices. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-6 minutes on each side.
Put eggplant on a plate. Stir honey and pepper into juice mixture; drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.

4 Likes

Just made an old favourite last night that I had completely forgotten about. My recipe is for two people but it can easily be doubled or tripled if your oven is large enough.

• 2 pieces of frozen salmon (defrosted) or fresh
  • 1 head of broccoli
  • 1 onion
  • 2 portions of penne (I used wholewheat, 75 grams per person)
  • 250 ml of any type of cream
  • 250 ml boiled water
  • 1 stock cube
  • 25 gr butter
  • 25 gr flour
  • 1 clove garlic
  • oven dish

Boil penne for 6 minutes and broccoli for 3, drain and set aside.
Saute onion and garlic.
Add butter, when melted slowly add the flour to make a roux.
Slowly add the water to the roux, you now have a basic white sauce.
Add the cream to the sauce and add the crumbled stock cube.
Season to taste.
Put the penne and broccoli in an oven dish, pour over the sauce, put the salmon on top.
Bake 20 minutes in a 200 C / 400 F oven.
For variety you can put extra cheese on top, I don’t usually do that since there’s already cream in it.

2 Likes

Mmmmm. Sounds good!

2 Likes

I don’t eat eggplant often but this sounds yummy.

1 Like

I absolutely love quesadillas! Such an easy and quick meal. A friend told me about fresh tortillas that you cook and they are absolutely amazing. They’re super quick to cook and you’d be surprised at how amazing they taste: https://www.tortillaland.com/where-to-buy/

3 Likes

Mmmm…I have done this with store-bought corn tortillas before, but never flour. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow this sounds delicious!

1 Like

I love making different versions of pizza…easy, quick and tasty!

1 Like

I just winged this tonight without a recipe and it was SO GOOD. Great for a weeknight since it was only chopping garlic, washing mushrooms, ripping up spinach leaves, and dumping things into a skillet, without any measurements.

1. Saute 1-2 diced cloves of garlic in olive oil.
  2. Add chunks of portobello mushrooms (as much as will fill the base of your skillet), and saute them as well.
  3. Douse with Worcestershire sauce and add 2-3x as much milk, cream, or milk substitute (I used unsweetened almond milk and that was fine).
  4. If you want a thicker sauce, whisk in a little flour (I didn’t).
  5. Add 1-2 bay leaves, a couple dashes of thyme, and ground pepper to taste. Mix it all up and let the liquid boil down a bit, but keep the boiling gentle. No need to make a mess.
  6. Add a few handfuls of spinach (at least enough to cover the mushrooms) and stir it into the liquid.
  7. When the spinach has cooked down, taste test the liquid and adjust as needed.
  8. Finally, dump a layer of shredded mozzarella on top of everything and let it melt.
  9. Let it cool enough to handle, and then scoop into bowls or just be an animal and eat it out of the skillet. This would be a great mixture on top of pasta or a smashed potato, but it was perfectly hearty and satisfying without a starch. Ready in about 20 minutes!
2 Likes

I love shakshuka!

2 Likes