"Where are you from?" Zine

I’m a Relief Programmer for my local library, which means I fill in when the usual library workers can’t be there to run their programs and outreach.

I was asked to facilitate an “Intro to Zines” program with a guest instructor yesterday. Since he was running the show, I made a zine along with the other participants. This is a precursor to a longer and better one I intend to make soon-ish. There wasn’t much time, so this is what I was able to come up with in about 30 minutes.

10 Likes

I love a good zine, and this one is cool. You have a very interesting background! Also, I love that you support your library in that way.

1 Like

this one is cool. You have a very interesting background

Thank you :blush:

Also, I love that you support your library in that way.

Well, they support me too–it’s a paid position :blush:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m also impressed with your interesting background.
Way to inspire others!

1 Like

What a cool way to tell part of your story! And a cool way to work at the library, too!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, everyone!

I’m so fascinated and impressed by people who leave it all behind and move themselves to a place that is alien to them. I have a friend who moved to the States from Japan, ALONE, at 18, and knew no English. He taught himself to speak the language by watching tv. He doesn’t even have an accent! To achieve fluency in just two months, as you did, in a language as confusing as English is HUGE!

We have a lot of polyglots on this site, and I have to say that all of you just amaze and impress me!

1 Like