Wifi Password LOTR style

Tired of looking on the bottom of the router every time a guest needs wifi, and wanting something more fun than a post-it note, I had a moment of nerdy creative inspiration.

Part of the password hidden, obviously - don’t put your passwords on the internet folks!

The font is Hobbiton Brushland - you can find it free here. I’m very pleased with the texture the letters. It’s split stitch filled in with a very small chain stitch, both using two strands.

I wanted a little more going on around it, so I sewed on some cool quilting cotton from my stash. That also gave me more to work with when tightening it around back. The frame is vintage from my grandparents.

If by chance you don’t know what this is referencing, it’s from the Lord of the Rings - the doors of Durin have “Speak friend and enter” inscribed around them, “friend” being the password that will open the doors.

44 Likes

Such a clever project…love it!

2 Likes

Cool idea!

2 Likes

First, brilliant! Second, lovely work!

2 Likes

That stitching is so neat and pretty!!

2 Likes

This is pretty awesome!

2 Likes

Beautiful stitching and gorgeous border fabric. It’s nice that you used your grandparents’ frame for something that zones in on your home.

1 Like

This is great, I go around saying “speak friend and enter” all the time so I love this extra much! Well done!

1 Like

Awesomely geeky and amazing stitching as usual!

1 Like

Cool idea!

1 Like

This is wonderful! And beautiful stitches.

1 Like

I loved it in the stitch-along! The colors, the font (thank you for sharing). Great execution!

:metal:

1 Like

I love that you embroidered the password :smiley: and decided to combine it with a geeky quote :smiley: Really cute

1 Like

Beautifully stitched, and such an awesome design!! Love it! :heart:

1 Like

I love anything from LOTR, and this is a wonderful way to bring it into your home! Love it!

1 Like

This is brilliant and your stitching is really neat too!

1 Like

this is awesome and totally something my sister would love!

1 Like

Brilliant!

I think the teachers at school would appreciate this in the lounge. I might have to make them a gift!

1 Like

That’s fantastic!!! XD

1 Like

I love this SO hard! This is amazing <3.

1 Like