Wood burned SBC sign

I burned an 8x10 inch sign of my logo. I had a lot of fun burning this one, and I look forward to hanging it on my wall :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Original image:

14 Likes

Wow, that looks like a perfect copy! Really great!

1 Like

This turned out perfect!

1 Like

Sooo coool!!!

1 Like

How did you make this? Hand burn?

1 Like

Yep! I sized my logo to fit on the 8x10 board, printed it, then used carbon paper to transfer the outline onto the board. I used a super fine tip to burn the yarn ball, and a small shader tip to burn the letters. I turned the shader tip (it looks like a letter U or spoon shape) upside down to burn the thinner lines of Storer and I used the side of the shader tip to burn the bought creations and the stitches along the bottom.

1 Like

Here is a progress shot.

3 Likes

Ooo…thanks for sharing a little bit about your process and a progress pic!

For anyone who wants to learn a little more about @storerboughtcreation and her awesome projects, check out her special feature!

2 Likes

The fact that this wasn’t done with one of those CNC-style laser devices is all the more impressive. It must have been really cathartic to produce this by hand. Looks great, too.

1 Like

Thank you!

That looks great! My wood burns are nothing like this. You did such an awesome job!

1 Like

:astonished: I have done a little wood burning and one of the hardest parts for me has always been to get a simple steady line. I always end up with noticeable hesitation marks throughout, but you kept everything so impressively smooth. This came out beautifully!

1 Like

Very cool. I am still too terrified to use my wood burner, but images like this are why I got one to begin with. It is so neat!

2 Likes