Woodburned Mug of Fall 🍁☕️

I’ve had an itching to do wood burning lately. I’ve had a little kit forever but was afraid of it. I’m pretty proud that I only touched a hot part once. This was my first time woodburning so it’s a bit wonky. I learned a lot doing it.

The coloring is watercolor. The design was inspired by this month’s Craft This In Your Style.

28 Likes

The burning is beautiful on its own, but the colour really makes it pop!

3 Likes

Very nice!! Hard to believe this is your first time doing it. Good to see you around again.

2 Likes

Its looks incredible. You did a great job. I am scared of wood burning, so congrats on only hitting the hot area once!
The way you shaded this really pushes it over the top. Especially the saucer under the cup. Beautiful job. I hope we see more from you. You have a knack for this.

2 Likes

What a great take on this month’s craft prompt! I love the two-tone leaves, very pretty.

1 Like

Aaaaaamazing! Looks really nice.
And hi Alex! Nice to see you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful job, hard to believe it’s your first time.

So glad to see you back, hope you stick around!

Really great work!

I totally understand your anxiety. I feel the same way with the soldering iron kit I bought ages ago. I figure I’ll get to it as the desire to create something that needs it overpowers the fear. lol

I’ve always found that the wood burning process smells kinda lovely. :smiling_face:

1 Like

The smell is the best!!

This turned out great! I love the watercolor to enhance the pyrography.

1 Like

It’s beautiful! The pattern really lends itself to the rustic medium and materials, and your gentle colors tie it all together. Wonderfully done!

1 Like

Nice to see you and this super cute craft! I love how your style comes through regardless of the medium you’re working in.

2 Likes

You did an amazing job! Can’t believe this is your FIRST wood burning! It’s totally gorgeous. Good call on the watercolors. The lovely color blends really make this next-level.

1 Like

This is absolutely great! I love the cute little design and the watercoloring just brings it to life. It’s great to see you!

1 Like

So cute!
My husband got me a woodburning kit for Christmas a few years ago, I really need to practice more.

1 Like

It’s great to see you back! What a fun take on the November’s theme. I really like how you colored in the background, it really makes the whole design pop!

1 Like

:tada: :dizzy: Congratulations! This spectacular project is featured this week! :dizzy: :tada:

2 Likes

This is really cute! I love the wood burning, and the watercolour you added really makes it pop.

1 Like

This is lovely! Perfect colours and subject for this medium, it looks great!

1 Like

It’s lovely!

1 Like