2023 DeStash-Along

I’m stupidly happy that I am no longer shlepping that bulky thing around the house that has no good place to store it. Well, it’s “stored” now! lol

3 Likes

Our local variety store has a surprisingly nice selection of quilting cottons of high quality. Pretty much all flat folds that are already low priceds at about 2/3 what they would be at a fabric store. They’re often a discontinued print from last year’s collection. ANYWAY, they have a 40% off sale twice a year and grant early access to people on the mailing list, so I went at 8:00 this morning and bought only what I needed for a couple projects! Well, maybe I got an extra 1/8 - 1/4 yard of a couple just to be safe, but still!

6 Likes

@TheMistressT That sounds like such a dangerous store. I admire your restraint!

3 Likes

The real danger is the hand-crafted shakes and malteds at the old-timey soda fountain! And that is a temptation I did not resist. :grimacing: :rofl:

4 Likes

My wholly unattractive dish cloth of remnant lily sugar n cream. Done :heavy_check_mark:

9 Likes

I think it is lovely!

2 Likes

Uh, ya it’s pretty. Scrappy appreciation!

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I had fun just letting it happen however the yarn falls.

1 Like

I used three fabrics I was going to rehome to make variation muslins of a new pattern! Three new blouses, which used a total of 5 fabric pieces and a couple dozen buttons!

Stash busting at its finest!

…then I bought three new pieces of fabric, but at least they’re each big enough for a blouse. Well, two are big enough, there wasn’t enough left on the bolt of the third, but I bought it anyway. It coordinates beautifully with the other two, so with careful cutting I can probably eke three blouses out of them.

5 Likes

Cleared 2 more WiPs made from stash:

12 Likes

I destashed an unused drawer that I as given last year along with a lot of scrap woods, but turning it upside down and making it into a step stool for Delia! Stain and wax for the raw wood, silicone for attaching the jute mat were from stash, too.

StepUp00a

StepUp02

12 Likes

great idea! I have an old drawer that is supposed to become a footstool project keeper… maybe this year. I’ve only had it for like 7 years. :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

April

Color: Green

Pattern: Holes (lace? Grommets? Beads? Interpret this how you will.)

For: Use out of doors - interpret this as loosely or as strictly as you like. Maybe you can make something to decorate your garden, to tidy your shed, or travel with you in your car.

Challenge: Finish up a languishing Work In Progress. Or decide to finally consign it to oblivion and repurpose the supplies for something else fabulous. Just because it seemed like a good idea when you started it doesn’t mean that your vision or tastes haven’t changed in the meantime. Let go of the guilt, or make the final push so you can have something fabulous to enjoy!

Bonus Challenge: We just finished up the first quarter. How are your destash goals doing? Do you need to buckle down or are you feeling pretty good with how the year’s going so far? Is there any “invisible” progress to be proud of?

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You’ll get there! Some day!

2 Likes

Awww, man! I have the PERFECT fabric for this - a shamrock green eyelet! But a full schedule for the next few months.

2 Likes

This is playing to a piece of green patterned fabric I have. I’ve been looking at it and trying to decide what to do with…

3 Likes

There are 2 shades of green on the storage project I finished today. Almost everything was from stash, so happy to have used up that canvas I was never going to use to make sitting on the shelf style baskets, which is what I bought it for covid many years ago, lol.

12 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you crafty craftalongers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

2 Likes

Popping in with my March stats for accountability:

I sewed 21 doll dresses, consuming 1 yard + 6 inches of fabric. In fact, I used up 9 of those fabrics completely (most had started out as scraps). I also used up 3 full sheets of stickers, two half sheets, a bunch of sticker flakes, and 1 ink sample (2 oz. vial).

That brings my total for the first quarter to 45 doll dresses sewn, 1 doll sweater knit, and about 2 1/2 yards of fabrics consumed (with 13 fabrics used up completely). On the stationery side I used up 13 stickii sticker sheets, 2 half size sheets, three sample vials of ink (plus another given away), and one ink cartridge. It barely put a dent in my stash but I’ll take it!

The problem is that I’m really bad at taking pictures of my finished items since I’m usually done late at night and moving on to the next thing quickly. So I need to work on that… Maybe I’ll find something for the Peek Behind the Curtains Challenge!

My biggest accomplishments from the first quarter were completing my fabric and stationery inventory spreadsheets, which really put the stash into perspective. My goals for the next couple months are weeding and finding new homes for fabrics that no longer fit my needs, and getting a handle on my yarn stash (inventory and a grand reckoning of the fact that I’m not knitting much these days). I’ll also be continuing my exploration of Blythe sewing patterns and continuing to sew scads of other doll dresses - but maybe I can concentrate on some of the larger sizes for more noticeable stash-down progress?

That was a lot of text. Here’s a picture instead

9 Likes

Gave away a big bag of yarn this weekend. Realized a while ago … I am just not a knitter. I love fiber, and the process, and the tools … but actually knitting? No. LOL! So I am giving away all my knitting stuff to local pals. I had a bag of misc yarn, not enough of anything for a major project, but a gal in my buy nothing group was making crafts with kids & my bag o’ yarn was perfect! So now my crafting space, and $, is focused on sewing & embroidery. :wink:

9 Likes