2024 Stitchalong

Awesome! Yay @Jennalou! :smile:

3 Likes

Oh wow, thank you so much!! What an awesome surprise! :heart:

4 Likes

Congrats Jenn!

1 Like

This was my only WIP in my embroidery pile, so I decided to finish it before I packed up my supplies. It was a free pattern from DMC. I stopped working on it because of all the backstitching.

I ripped out the parts I had already done (the bird, star, some of the leaves) and just left the deer and tree. I added another tree and a lot of snowflakes and snow. I’ll probably back it with cardboard and make it something I can put up on my mantel. It went from about 11x8 to 8x6.

9 Likes

Nice! Way to make it work for you instead of the other way around. :fist:

3 Likes

I like that! Clever to unpick the bits you know you hate doing and replace them with something else. Was it hard to stitch on red fabric?

I like that the design is both traditional but also not really that Christmassy at all.

2 Likes

It was a smaller count than I am used to…32 count? So the stitches were quite tiny. But, it really wasn’t difficult as much as boring since you couldn’t tell what the other motifs were until they were backstitched.

I also have some dark green and dark blue that I am looking forward to stitching before Christmas!

3 Likes

I haven’t managed a stitch for April (yet!), but I did make myself finish my March stitch today, with the rainbow theme.

The pattern is from my cute vintage Japanese book, but I rainbow-ised it :smile_cat: I really like these old hand drawn patterns, they’re kind of wonky and charming.

Oh, and I also did a cross stitch for the Prairie Schooler swap, but it’s for a swap so no spoilers.

12 Likes

How fun!!!

1 Like

This is so bright and cheerful!

1 Like

Phew! I got an umbrella stitch done for April just in the nick of time.

Chain, split, satin, and backstitch represented. And a lot of French knots!

14 Likes

You have been doing a lot of stitching! For the garage sale, for this thread…

I love the rainbow sun in the umbrella. And, your rain is so neat and even!

4 Likes

Great stitches!

Just wanna say, I am not boycotting or anything, just haven’t felt like stitching.

4 Likes

Good heavens, is that a French knot cloud? I bow down to your patience!

4 Likes

The garage sale stitches were done in…2021/2022 I think? Maybe 22/23, but they were not new. I’m glad they went to homes where they won’t sit hidden on a shelf!

Haha. Of course all I see are the wonky parts.

Totally get it! I get like that too sometimes. The Stitchalong isn’t going anywhere. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes. So many French knots! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is super cute!! Great stitching!

1 Like

:sun_behind_small_cloud: Hello stitchy friends! Yay for a new month! Our random themes for May are:

:bellhop_bell: BINGO is still happening! A reminder of this quarter’s card:

:mushroom: May BONUS: In honor of Mushroom May, any stitch featuring a mushroom will receive a bonus entry for our quarterly drawing!

Have fun and happy stitching! :sewing_needle:

9 Likes

Great themes!! This month I WILL get something done by month’s end :smile:

At a punkrock craft show today, zoom in for the swears & snark :smile:

9 Likes

I like “spark joy or get out” lol

2 Likes