CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Thank you for letting me know! I wasn’t really paying attention when I bought it. I only plan on using it on canvases for doodling, so I’m not too worried about wear and tear. I don’t think I’ve used tempera paint before. Does it dry similarly to acrylic?

2 Likes

I’m not a painter by any means, but I have used acrylics and I like the quick drying time, and that it stays where it goes. Mostly. Except on my dress. Tempera should be similar I think, especially on canvas. Like finger paint? Definitely not like oil paint (I’m told that takes weeks to dry).

2 Likes

Project #30…I made a duster cover to help with the daily mounds of dog hair on my wooden floors. I got the idea from this post by @geekgirl but I had to change up the pattern since I was using different yarn and had a different size handle.

I also wanted more loops to catch more hair so I did two loops per single crochet, making one in the front loop and one in the back loop…like two layers…

What a great idea!!! This community is wonderful for sharing ideas and this one is eco-friendly! Love it…thanks again!

14 Likes

this answers my question from the other post. I like the idea of 2 loops per single crochet. I’ll do that for my next one!

2 Likes

lol–sorry, I was busy using it along the baseboards in my hall…all that dog hair.

I am making another one so one can be in the wash…great pattern and idea! I had made covers for my mop thingy but never thought about the hand duster!

2 Likes

Check out my Miniature pocket letter entry for the miniature art challenge.

13 Likes

Made my kid a simple and silly little Valentine’s Day card.

7 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Did some sewing today! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done anything. I had looked through some old stitch magazines and one had a tote/shopping bag in it. I had some of this cute lemon fabric and happened to have a good matching yellow for the bias around the top. The little pouch is made like a travel tissue cover. Just with an extra tab and some hardware so you can clip it to a purse.

I have tried making bias binding before but the method I used before wasn’t great. I tried an new way that had me folding a square into triangles and then cutting strips. And that worked really well for this. And was a much easier way to make bias binding.

10 Likes

Cute fabric!

The bias tape really adds a nice touch…brings out the lemon color…

Do you have a link to how you did it? I have a tube thing that is suppose to make bias tape…

My mom explained it too me. I can do up a few pictures to help explain how to do it.

2 Likes

oh no worries…I will google it…

EDITED: found it! It was how I was taught in school! ha ha Old school is sometimes the best…kudos to your mom!

2 Likes

Thank goodness you found it. I hadn’t gotten around to snapping some pictures XD

2 Likes

I spent my craft time this week making Baby Yoda for my hubby. :heart:

The Child AKA Baby Yoda

17 Likes

Turned out really cute!!! I love the ears…turned just right!

3 Likes

I made two giant pompons for my daughter. They are a sheddy fluffy mess. Lol next time i’ll use a less fluffy yarn. I lost my head and used Bernat blanket yarn and it’s just everywhere.
Good times, good times. She loves them tho, so it’s fine.

1 Like

That baby is perfect. The stance, too! Well done!

1 Like

I finished my quilt top after being inspired by Edel’s “Green Quilt.”

I’ll make it’s own post once it’s quilted and bound.

12 Likes

It is really a nice size…and will become a cherished gift!

2 Likes

@AudiobookLover @GMPNQ
here it is!

2 Likes