A Completed Art Journal

I have lots of art journals in progress but rarely finish one before I move on to another. I found this book at a reuse store for only 50 cents and it only had 20 pages in them (although they are larger sized) and the paper was nice and sturdy. It’s taken me a couple months but I have to near enough to be considered completed. Some pages maybe one day I’ll go back and add to them but if it doesn’t happen then I’m satisfied enough with how they are now.

26 Likes

This is amazing

1 Like

Love your work, as always.

1 Like

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your journal! :blue_heart:

1 Like

This is fabulous!! I’ll need to come back and look at it some more, there’s so much to admire! And I love the sayings you chose too :rofl:

1 Like

I love this SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

I remember that book! I love to see all the pages. I can see certain themes and [what I think] are you trying out different styles.

I haven’t really considered stencils, but this makes me think one or two wouldn’t hurt.

The face emerging from the forest = haunting
The girl riding the butterfly, backward = joyful! and I’m tying to figure out how you did it.

But this is by far my favorite:
GG_BlackButterfly

I realize most of mine pages are very bright and colorful (which isn’t my preference at all), But I really want to try my own version of this. TRULY BEAUTIFUL. Don’t invite me over - I will legit rip this out of your poor book.

2 Likes

I definitely use art journals as a way to play with new techniques and styles.
I cut a lot of my stencils myself on my cricut. If you want some maybe we can do a trade/swap.

Thanks - That one was from an online class I signed up for. Completely different from what I normally do. I enjoyed the process.
The girl on the butterfly - its a head from one pic and a body from another and then the butterfly I took the wing off and repositioned.

Here is another pic of the guy with wings. I need to see if I can take a better pic. The wings are translucent. So are the dragonfly wings on the guy with a hat. I watched a video by Nik the Booksmith. you print the wings on tracing paper and then spray with acrylic sealer.

I tried to make most of these bright. I often ended up with muted pages so was purposefully trying to go brighter. You can come over and I’ll help you make your own page!

2 Likes

You are my hero! I love this.

1 Like

I have so many questions and so many comments. I won’t hog your thread with them. Standby for messaging…

1 Like

hog away! maybe other people have the same questions?

1 Like

Fun!!

1 Like

Okay, when I am back at work. A desktop is easier.

This is an amazing art journal!
You are so talented.
I enjoyed every detail of every page.
You inspire me.

1 Like

I love the completed journal! I really like the moth man page.

1 Like

Way to go. You are really talented with mixed media!

1 Like

Wow. I would be transfixed if I found this on somebody’s coffee table. I would have SO MANY questions for them, it would be difficult to locate coherence inside my mouth, lol.

2 Likes

I’m happy to try and answer any questions!

Here is a better picture of the wing. You can see my finger behind it.

5 Likes

This is really cool, I love the different pages, the colours and the messages in them

1 Like