Another finished art journal

My goal this year is to actually complete some art journals and not start new ones until I get at least 4 completed. I was aiming to get one done each quarter and this is my 2nd one this year ( the first one is here )so I’m a little ahead of if the game.

I’ve posted a few of the individual pages on the paper craft-a-long thread.

This book was a 1970s modular crochet clothing pattern book. It really had some ugly patterns in it! I really liked the fabric covered cover but I’m so messy I got paint all over it. I cut out about half the pages and then glued the taming pages together by 2. I started this book maybe 7-8 years ago when I really had no idea what I was doing. My goal this year with this book was to cover and work over some of the worst pages. I left a few of the original journal pages o did just so I could see the change in my style over the years.

Here are some of the pics. They aren’t all great but I think it’s important to know that art journaling isn’t about being perfect. It’s about having fun and creating.

And just for example here are a few of the original pages I did.

18 Likes

You did a beautiful job on the art journal .

1 Like

So many interesting pages!
Awesome.

1 Like

So interesting to see all the pages. You have a distinct style!! I like it!!

1 Like

Wow, these pages are just stunning! All the saturated colors and interesting patterns and textures… Enjoyed the quotes / captions as well. I love that you showed us how your style has changed over time. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your art journal :slight_smile: I loved seeing your work :blush:

1 Like

These are amazing! Each one was better than the next! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us

1 Like

Oh wow! This is so inspiring. I love all the colors and textures.

2 Likes

Look at all those textures! Yummy. Great work!

1 Like

I think it takes about 10 journals to find your rhythm? Or maybe that’s just me.
I think you have some great ideas and I will be referring to this post often to “borrow” some of your ideas.

1 Like

Very cool! These are like a little colorful explosion of amazingness!
It’s so interesting to see how much style changes over time. What a cool idea to keep some older entries to see how you’ve developed as an artist.

1 Like

I love the layers and layers of colour and texture