Carrot treat bags -tutorial

Fully lined, NO handstitching!

Cut 2 outside pieces for the carrot, 2 lining pieces, 2 green top pieces (note, the top pattern piece is on a fold).
The top inch or so of the carrot is squared with the top edge. That will become an opening for the ribbon ties so it needs to be even

You can really cut any size but too much smaller gets tricky to sew. The measurements shown here don’t include seam allowance, add whatever you are comfortable sewing.

Pin right sides of the carrot outside & lining to the green top as shown

Leave a couple inches along one top edge unsewn, between the marks

Sew the pinned edges, press the seam allowances towards the centre of the green piece

Stack the pieces right sides together, mark a 1/2" where shown, start stitching just past the 1/2" mark, stop at the mark, start again at the other mark leaving a 1/2" open. Stitch all around the lining to the other side, leaving a 1/2" open there too.

I pressed the seams open

You can sew around like I have here or skip this step

Start where you ended the stitching by the 1/2" opening and sew the outside pieces together

Trim the curve, you can clip it but I find pinking shears work well for this

Turn right side out through the opening left at the beginning

Press, then sew around the edge of the green top. This will close the opening. Add another row of stitches on the other side of the opening.

Ribbon will be threaded through this channel

If you want to sew an unlined bag this video is good, you’ll see how to insert the ribbons as well.

Pull ribbon to cinch up the pouch.

I hope you’ll make some! Please show me if you do :slight_smile:

It’s easy to change the shape & size, I’ve been using up whatever fabric I have on hand so mine are all different.

28 Likes

So cute!!

3 Likes

These are just chocked full of vitamin C(ute)! THanks for taking the time to make the tute!

4 Likes

I love these :carrot: Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

So adorable. Perfect for spring time. Thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your step-by-step… these would be great for Easter!

2 Likes

Thanks all! Please let me know if you try it and need anything clarified.

2 Likes

Thank you! These are sooo adorable. Book marking for later

2 Likes

Awe! So cute. Thank you for the tutorial. I bet many will be made for Easter. These are too cute!

2 Likes

So cute! And very spring-y/Easter-y! :carrot:

1 Like

They look wonderful!
Thanks for sharing your great tutorial!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a lovely little tutorial! :carrot:

Also I bet you could do the same technique to make Strawberry Bags, if you altered the cone shape a bit to be wider and shorter… Wishing I had my sewing stuff and space to work right now… :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry:

4 Likes

These are super cute! Thanks for the tute! (Hey that rhymes! :smile:)

2 Likes

Ooh, great idea! Strawberries are the girl’s fave!

1 Like

I made a carrot costume for my little boy’s friend for a carnival parade and I’ve got some orange fabric left. His mum doesn’t want it back and she said I could keep it. Well well, guess what I’ll make with it :carrot:

2 Likes

When I first saw these on the snapshot thread I couldn’t figure out what they were for, now a lightbulb went off :smiley:

I’m going to make some for my grand daughters.

1 Like

Cute and useful. And what a great way to use up scraps! I love the Chex Mia one!

1 Like

Finished 12 carrots, 4 for each kiddo this spring.

3 Likes

SO dang cute! I am going to give it a try!

1 Like

I did it!

5 Likes