Child's Red Weasley Sweater

I finally finished the embellishments on this year’s sweater for Kidlet. I’d love to make one each year (This is the third one and I also did a dress before she was born) so I’ve not hit the mark exactly as she turned 5 years old a few weeks ago. But anyway, it’s done.

It has reflective thread running through it so it lights up when a light shines on it. It’s tricky to photograph:

I used Hobbii’s Starlight Soft for this one and the same pattern as the previous two (Link to Ravelry) and did duplicate stitch again for the embellishments. I like to do that so that when they are handed down to another wearer the decoration could be unpicked and customization could be adjusted, but I think this is the last one I’ll do like that. I’m not having any more kids, and neither are my siblings, so at best these will be worn by any kid Kidlet feels worthy of her sweaters.

It took me so long to make it I hope she hasn’t gotten too tall for it- the 80’s may be in, but crop tops on my 5 year old aren’t high on my list of appropriate library wear haha!

Tomorrow will tell.
Thanks for looking!

[Previous sweaters: Maroon with initial, Blue with small heart]

Edit to add: the fit

16 Likes

So cute! Someday maybe I’ll learn to knit a sweater.

2 Likes

Thank you!
This pattern is pretty easy. It is waaaay easier than socks. If you knit at all you can do this one- give it a go!

1 Like

It came out so beautifully my friend. Well done.

Thank you!

Love, Love, LOVE it!

1 Like

Absolutely adorable!

1 Like

Aw, this is a cute one! I love the rolled neckline and those hearts are adorable.

1 Like

Oh my! So cute. I imagine this will become a favorite sweater to wear.

1 Like

A sweater a year is quite ambitious! You’re doing awesome. This one might be my fave. I should give this pattern a try… :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

@Abbeeroad you totally should! It’s a very fast work up, really, if you’re not me. (I tend to wander off and get distracted.) I’ve made it now in an adult and 3 kid sizes. (And numerous ornament sized ones lol)

2 Likes

Ooooh, I like the 3 hearts and the sparkle !

Do you take orders?

1 Like

Awesome yarn choice with the reflecting and it so cute!

Thank you!