Weasley Sweater for 17 month old

Hi there!
I’m sure some folks are sick of seeing pics of this sweater, it was pretty much y everyday “what are you working on” pic (other than that blanket that still needs doin’). But I finally finished it and it actually fits! Success!

It is the pattern found in Alison Hansel’s book Charmed Knits (toddler size) and the only note I would share is to use the stretchy bind off at the collar and cuffs. I had to rework it twice at the neckline to go over her head comfortably. Which is no fault of the designer, I tend to have a tighter tension than the average bear and I thinkI used a thinner yarn than she called for in the pattern. (Lion Brand Heartland I had left over from making one for a recent swap.) I worked the initial after construction via the Duplicate Stitch option.
Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

Darling little tyke, and great Weasley sweater! The font for the “E” is pretty.

1 Like

What a sweet wee Gryffindor! And you even used LION brand yarn. How perfect! It’s really beautiful!!!

1 Like

We are not sick of it! We were rooting you on! You did it and it looks wonderful on that cute little model!

Lovely job on the duplicate stitch!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I’m really proud of it. :blush:

1 Like

Script on a knit item! Brave soul! great execution!

1 Like

So stinking cute!!

1 Like

The sweater looks great & is super cute! :smiley:

1 Like

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! The swirly “E” is so elegant!

1 Like

Cuuuuute!

1 Like

So cute!

It came out so wonderfully! And it looks adorable on your little one.

1 Like

That is perfect - I really love the font you used, too!

1 Like

Love this! So cute!

1 Like

Thank you, Friends!

This is so adorable and awesome! What a lucky little one to wear it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can hardly stand this cuteness, Ack! Adorable little person in the fancy sweater. I want a hug!

1 Like