CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

I made a set of patriotic mug rugs for my MIL for Mother’s Day.

11 Likes

aww those aprons are so cute…I bet a lot of kids have been “helping” in the kitchen!

Those are really pretty mug rugs…the quilting on them make them look like shooting stars!

2 Likes

I have been ordering a lot of different craft supplies on line since I got my stimulus. I figured now was the perfect time to learn something new. I got a needle felting kit and made this

And I got a lot of crochet thread so I could learn needle tatting. Well I still have to wait for my tatting needle but I used a long quilting needle and made this

10 Likes

Some more doll clothes to add to the amazing mix of projects that everyone else has been doing. Yes, I’m kind of a one-trick pony, but I enjoy my one trick a lot.

I made three of these in various sizes:

And four more in a variety of sizes using this fabric:

11 Likes

They look great! What do you do with them? Do you sell them, since you make so many? They definitely look good enough to sell. Your fabric choice is always perfect.

1 Like

Oh, I am drooling over the bird!

I’m glad @Immaculata asked you @Trillian what you do with the doll clothes as I was just about to too.

1 Like

Love the little bird…such vibrant colors…

I never tire seeing your little doll clothes, @Trillian…they are adorable

One of the projects I have worked on was teaching some kids and adults who have never seen how to make a reversible mask.
When I was using the original CDC suggested mask with pleats I ran into a lot of people feeling intimidated or when they were sewing by hand it was just difficult as they would be sewing through 6 or more layers at times. The only problem is by that time I had already cut nearly 80 pieces of cotton that were 6x9" since had I intended to (and did) give the people I taught to make them the fixings for 10 masks each.
So I figured out an easy, no pleat pattern that is easy to change the size on. Then I made a diagram that I hope is easy to follow.
I tried to make one that was easier for hand sewing and to adjust sizes, that didn’t waste material and that was easily reversable 8.

All told I have sacrificed over 10 yards of cloth, I cut up and crumple/tie dyed and an older, white, king-size sheet (I worked with 5 dye colors I had gotten at a thrift store the week before shut down here…I also did 7 yards of heavier cream muslin but the majority of it is not attractive and will end up as other projects)
I went through most of my supply of random sheets I have saved for material… a green single and a burgundy twin, and half each of a light greyish purple, a maroon and a blue full, as well as a black full size sheet, and multiple yards and fat quarters of interesting calico and stuff I have saved.
So far I personally have made 30+ masks, 10 for my partner, 5 for me, multiple for family and friends and have already given away
My goal is to make 50 masks and donate 10 precut mask kits (each makes 5 full masks, has ten 6x9" pieces of material, 5 yards of cord, 5 pieces of pre-twisted pipe stems and the directions…which includes links to the pleated CDC suggested mask)

the Facebook post I made when I first gave supplies

me wearing 1 of my masks

my nephew jokingly wearing my spare mask.

a “belly dancer” mask (full double cotton mask with sheer veil seen on)

my partner’s first mask from me.

7 Likes

Oh lots of masks! Those all look pretty cool.

I have been figuring out my own pattern for a switch bag/case. This is my second go at it and the construction was what I focused on. I like the construction of this one now I need to make a smaller sized bag. This one is a bit too big for what I want.

Once I get the pattern sorted I plan to make mine using some cute Kirby fabric I have!

6 Likes

I actually like this fabric very much as well! But of course Kirby would be more fitting.

1 Like

I do like this fabric too. But my Kirby is just so cute!!

1 Like

Made another shrinky dink necklace.

I think I’m going to try my hand at a dimensional flower piece next. The flowers around the neighborhood are inspiring me. I’ll have to dig out my heat gun.

13 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Oh that’s really pretty! I’m excited to see some flower pieces as well.

2 Likes

I hit my 50! I posted them in my post way up there.

I actually have 3 more finished projects, but I can’t post them just yet. [waggles eyebrows]

3 Likes

I just posted project #24. I still have a few projects on their way to their recipients so I can’t post them yet and I feel I probably forgot a few.

My list

5 Likes

I made my first assemblage piece!

13 Likes

I really love how you did the colorwork here, it gives it a nice “aged” look that really adds to the interest of the whole.

2 Likes

Totally love that turquoise!!

2 Likes

May’s stitchalong offering!

More info here.

7 Likes