COMPLETED- Christmas Card Swap - Sign Up until Nov 27 - Send out Dec 5, 2022

How did I miss this? Well, too bad. It’s too late in the day to start crafting :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just sent in my Q! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, sent in my q before I could chicken out :laughing: .

4 Likes

Got my questionnaire sent in! :blush:

2 Likes

Everyone should have their list of addresses to send to!
I did it completely random so let me know if there are issues.

Also, you may or may not receive from the same people you send to.

5 Likes

Yay! :wink:

Oh no! I totally didn’t realize what day yesterday was and forgot to send in my signups. At least I know that I’m on track for next year! Ha! They won’t go bad!

2 Likes

I know this feeling @Kwality570 !

1 Like

I ordered some stamps on the 19th from the post office in anticipation of this swap. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the tracking shows that they just arrived at some regional processing facility earlier today.

I guess I was expecting them to come from a postal center within my own state, but they shipped from Missouri, which is quite a ways away. I hope they get here soon so I can get everything sent off!

3 Likes

I am waiting on my stamps too!

1 Like

Eh I went to the post office today to post my cards and AustPost wanted to charge me over 13 dollars per card! I am now at home trying to find a smaller envelop so that it will only be 3 dollars to send the cards!

6 Likes

Addressed everything up today so it will go out in tomorrow’s mail!

1 Like

That’s crazy! I hope you’re able to make a smaller envelope work!

I’m almost finished with messages - hope to put these in the mail tomorrow or Thursday.

1 Like

yikes! hope you can make a different envelope work

I know in the US envelopes need to be 5"x7" or smaller and addressed horizontally. if you do it vertical or have a square envelope or bigger than 5x7 the price goes up. Or if the envelope is lumpy or thicker than 1/4"

edit - 6x9, not 5x7

Also, you can send up to 3 oz to Canada with a single international stamp, but it looks like if you go over an ounce when sending anywhere else it requires extra postage (and the extra ounce forever stamp will not cover the extra ounce if you’re sending out of country - I’m very glad I looked into that because I would’ve hated to have the card returned due to insufficient postage!).

I’ve sent both of my international cards and am still waiting on my stamps to send domestically (they should be delivered today).

1 Like

I was told I could send 3 oz for 2 global stamps as long as it’s paper and flat. so far that has worked but I have only done that to the UK

2 Likes

That’s good to know!

Here is the Gallery

2 Likes

FYI - I just posted a generic greeting card swap if anyone is interested!

1 Like