CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Class or Challenge Title: Cht 3 - The Burrow
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Apple Crisp
Brief Description: Bought a bag of honeycrisp apples, and only ate half of them before they started to look iffy. Last night I cut off the couple brown spots on some of them and made impromptu apple crisp! It was super tasty with vanilla ice cream.
I don’t have a recipe to share, this is such an easy thing to do. I just eyeball the spices and sugar and such. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, butter, about a tbsp of GF flour, and raisins in the apple mix. Topped with a brown sugar, GF oatmeal, GF flour, and butter crumble mixture.
Excellent comfort food.
Edited because I had already done something for Herbology…)
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Celestial Vanilla is the New Black socks (Ravelry link in Completed Project post)
Brief Description: My mom asked for a pair of hand knit socks for the holidays, so here we are! She really likes the fit of the heel in the Vanilla is the New Black pattern. The heel has very specific increases to do that need to be kept track of.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Bill Cipher
Brief Description: My kiddos wanted to be character from Gravity Falls. The big one wanted to be Mabel but the little one wanted to be the bad guy, Bill Cipher. So I got her a yellow dress and added an eye with iron on vinyl and made her a had headband out of felt.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
Brief Description: My niece’s 1st birthday was last week. I made her these cupcakes for her birthday. They were delicious!!

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Costume for a Llama
Brief Description: You heard of a sheep in wolves clothing, right? Well its like that except a llama in a pumpkin. That works, right? lol! The big one asked me to make her stuffed animal a costume for halloween. Its made from felt.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Banner
Brief Description: I made this thin and delicate banner for my niece’s birthday to go on her high chair. I designed it and then had my cricut cut out the pieces and assembled it.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Cheesecake
Brief Description: Its been a rough year for my mom. We were unsure if she would make it to her birthday this year, but she did! To celebrate, I made her this cheesecake. I topped it with a huckleberry sauce.

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Witch Fingers
Brief Description: I made these for our small family Halloween party. They are pretzel sticks with green candy coating and almonds for the nails.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Witch Photography
Brief Description: I’m not sure if this is allowed, but why not? I’ve been wanted to take pictures of my girls this year as witches. I bought them cute tutu dresses and plopped big hats on their heads. I took them to some nearby woods and we took some spooky pictures. Here is one of my edited pictures where I added fun cauldron effects via photoshop.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Mabel Costume
Brief Description: As I mentioned before, the big one wanted to be Mabel for Halloween. I had made her the sweatshirt last year, but she needed the purple skirt. I wanted to make it out of a cotton type of fabric but I couldn’t find what I wanted so I went with purple fleece instead. It worked out pretty well and she loved it!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - The Burrow
Project Name & Page Link: Grow with me pants
Brief Description: I made some pants for my niece for her 1st birthday. I love these pants because they grow with them and can be worn for quite awhile. They just look so comfy and cozy!
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 3 - The Burrow
SPEW or LC Contest: Entered into Cozy Days Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Fall Into Autumn Sampler
Brief Description: Just like the Burrow - cozying up with some cross stitch (especially a fall-themed one!) just comforts me. And it’s such a pretty group of scenes to hang up as well - definitely will make the house more cozy during autumn.
Project Picture:

9 Likes

Omg, love love love!! I’m so in love with cross stitch samplers. I’ve done one so far that was lord of the rings themed. I still need to frame it like 2 years later. But yours so so beautiful! Fall is the best! <3

1 Like

Frame it! All that work deserves to be displayed! :grin:

Thank you for the kind words. I agree…samplers are my fav!

LOVE the kiddo’s costumes! Dipper was on our list of possibilities this year. :laughing:

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
LC Contest: Cozy Autumn Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Autumn Dragon Wing Shawl
Brief Description: Gryffindor House is known for the daring and nerve of our members, especially from one of our most famous members, Harry Potter. Harry got past a Hungarian Horntail in the Triwizard Tournament.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

1 Like

House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Remote Learning Patches
Brief Description: Something you need to keep track of… Boy oh boy! When I shared these on my fb page to see if my friends or family would like any I got so much interest that I have to keep a spreadsheet to know how many I’ve made!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
House: :heart: :yellow_heart: Gryffindor :yellow_heart: :heart:
Project Name & Page Link: S.P.E.W. Apron
Brief Description: I made this apron for a swap. I designed the pattern myself :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
Brief Description: This was the first proper dinner I cooked in my Instant Pot and I have to say it turned out AMAZING! I can’t wait to make it again. I used garlic from my garden that I had just harvested and I have to say there’s no comparison to store bought. Can’t wait to make it again!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Gingerbread Men
Brief Description: My embroidery machine, is my most often used Muggle tool of late! I use it most days, no exaggeration. I made these gingerbread men for some swaps on another site. While I love designing my own files, I have dropped sooo much :moneybag: on files by other designers. The design opportunities are endless!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Chapter 3: The Burrow
Project Name & Page Link: Gryffindor Bunting
Brief Description: I made this bunting for @Abbeeroad for the HP Swap. It was a bit of a funny story because I bought the Gryffindor fabric online and the scale of the print was SO LARGE it would be more suitable for curtains! My friend from interstate came to the rescue and went shopping for me and bought the fabric, and actually all of the fabric because I couldn’t trust online pics for the right colours. Crafty friends to the rescue, right? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - November
Project Name & Page Link: Pencil Felties
Brief Description: This is a design file that I purchased from Gracefully Geeky designs. Since this photograph I’ve made 24 of these adorable little felties. I will be presenting one to each of the students in my class because I’m so proud of how hard they are trying with their writing!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
Project Name & Page Link: Character Ornaments
Brief Description: These are two finger puppet/Christmas ornaments that I made and now that they have been received I can share them. Funny story, when I cut the black felt around Hermione’s neckline, the black fluff stuck to her face and it looked like she had a 5 o clock shadow :rofl: It was very tricky to get rid of it :stuck_out_tongue:
Project Picture:

3 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Hey friends. I just did a points update, and came across a few things I wanted to mention.

First, if you submit a cooking or baking project, you must provide a recipe. It’s part of the rules of this craftalong. If you made up your recipe, and don’t have precise measurements to share with the group, you are allowed to post a link to a similar recipe found elsewhere on the web. In the case of CraftsUntold’s apple crisp post, I have edited it to add in a link to the Better Homes & Gardens classic Apple Crisp recipe.

Second, please be careful that you aren’t posting the same subjects more than once. @jillybeans, when I went to record your project post from Nov 13th, I saw you were submitting items for Arithmancy, Charms, and Herbology, all of which you’ve already submitted this term. (Arithmancy on 10/22, and Charms & Herbology on 10/5). Therefore your Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, Cheesecake, & Witch Fingers have not been given House Points. If you wish to resubmit them under prompts you haven’t already done, please let me know.

Thank you!

1 Like

Aw man! I have been keeping track but I must have missed it in my notes.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Owl Ornament
Brief Description: This Owl ornament that I made for the Harry Potter ornament swap is made from clay and kiln fired with a green glaze.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge December-Icicles
Project Name & Page Link: Hogwarts Ornament
Brief Description: This Hogwarts Train ornament that I made for the Harry Potter ornament swap is made from clay and kiln fired. It takes 2 firings, the last one being at close to 2000 degrees. This usually takes about 10 hours in the kiln. Just like an icicle, it takes needs a specific temperature for a long time to be created.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Gold & Purple Batik Doll Dress
Brief Description: Going with the gold aspect of this prompt, here’s a doll dress with little gold accent diamonds and dots all over it.

Project Name & Page Link: Snowflake Doll Dress
Brief Description: This dress got sent to someone all the way in Australia.

4 Likes

What is the iron chef Hogwarts for November? I can’t seem to find the post!

Here it is:

3 Likes

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash #1
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Hooded Baby Sweater
Brief Description: I received the yarn for the body of this project in last month’s DGY subscription box, and knew I wanted to use it on something for a dear friend’s expected baby. It was saved from being dumped into stash (but was not bought specifically for), by this project, and the teal contrasting edging and buttons both came out of stash. I’m thrilled with how cute it came out.
Project Picture:

3 Likes