Hooded Baby Sweater

I subscribe to Darn Good Yarn’s yarn subscription, and as soon as I saw this beautiful teal, turquoise and yellow silk that arrived last month, I knew I wanted to make a baby sweater out of it, to match the Star Baby Blanket I had made a few months ago.

The pattern is Baby’s Hooded Sweater by Girlie’s Crochet, and is free. It called for 500 yards of light/DK weight yarn, which is exactly what I had, so I dove in and started hooking. As I finished the body, I realized I was not going to have enough yarn to do the whole pattern, so I completed hood, and started the arms, so that those would match.

Rather than ordering more yarn and waiting for it to arrive, with a virtual baby shower imminent, I dug through my stash and found the deep teal Lion Brand Heartland. I had most of a skein, enough to do the body, hood, and sleeve edging, and finished off the last of it with the pom pom. The buttons are wood, and each has a different mandala pattern on it. They came as an extra in a DGY subscription box, and I was thrilled to use such beautiful buttons on what turned out to be such a darling little sweater.

20 Likes

So adorable!

1 Like

Nice!
I love how you eke out your projects with what you have. A crafter after my own heart!

1 Like

This is gorgeous

1 Like

It’s so cute!
And a great match with the star blanket.
I love the colors.

1 Like

I LOVE the mismatched buttons and everything else! Beautifully done. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So nice! You did a great job and I like the edging and buttons a lot.

1 Like

What a wonderful job you did! I love that you had to use a contrasting edging…it really does make the sweater stand out…and the buttons…just perfect for the unique sweater!

1 Like

it looks great!

1 Like

I absolutely love it and the colors work so well together…just beautiful!

1 Like

Just darling!

1 Like