CLOSED - Nerd Games - Spring 2022

Prompt: May - Step not on pets
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Orca & Oyster Artwork
Project Link: Oyster & Orca the cats Artwork

Brief Description: These are Camelama’s fur babies. Made for the Make a Pouch and Fill it swap. Her babies were so cute that I had to draw them. I adhered the drawing to painted cradleboard and sealed it with matte mod-podge.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: Movie Adaptation (June)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Thin Man ATC
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: This is a quote from (one of) my favorite movies, The Thin Man. The first movie really is the best of the series for quotes…
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Stressed Desserts (May)
Project Name: Thin Man ATC 2
Brief Description: …although the second one definitely has some corkers. I crafted this (both of them, actually) as a stress release while watching something less than relaxing.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Sunflower 4x6
Project Link: 4x6 Magazine Collages
Brief Description: Made for the recent 4x6 swap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: Ostrich 4x6
Project Link: 4x6 Magazine Collages
Brief Description: Made for the recent 4x6 swap.
Project Photo:

Prompt:* Free Range 3
Project Name: Vacay ATC
Brief Description: Made for Lynx2Lancer in the Onhoing ATC swap. I feel strongly that the slang shorthand for vacation should be written “vacay,” because I’m a Spanish major and when you spell it “vaca” all I see is “cow.”
Project Photo:

Prompt:* Free Range 4
Project Name: Books ATC
Brief Description: Made for GeekyBookworm in the Ongoing ATC swap. The base is from a masterboard by Wulf.
Project Photo:

3 Likes

Prompt: June – Battle Classic vs Adaptation
Project Name: Yeti Felt badge
Project Link: Winged Heart & Yeti Felt Badges
Brief Description: Originally Yeti’s were scary monsters, now the media has turned them into cute and sweet.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June – Movie Adaptations
Project Name: Winged Heart Felt badge
Project Link: Winged Heart & Yeti Felt Badges
Brief Description: I added a touch of silver to the wing details of this felt badge.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June – Podcast Adaptation
Project Name: Bubble Pod
Project Link: Blue Bubble Pod
Brief Description: What’s more POD-cast than a pod? That’s all I got people. LOL! But my favorite podcast is Bob’s Credits. It’s about the end credits of Bob’s Burgers.
Project Photo(s):

… and I think that means I did all the prompts? At least I hope. I was so unorganized this time. Very unlike me for the Games.

2 Likes

There’s a news update in the discussion thread, and the new season has started!

1 Like

Prompt: June Battle - Classic Novels
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Fairy Door
Brief Description: While I do like some adaptations, I usually prefer the originals - and I mean the ORIGINAL originals, not the Disney originals. So I imagine that behind this sweet, inviting fairy door, there lies horror and untold misery…

Prompt: April - All that glitters is not gold
Brief Description: I discovered the greatest thing to use my not-dense-enough-glitter nail polish on, since it’s rubbish on my nails - topcoat on fairy doors! Hopefully the picture shows the sparkles around the outside and on the flower handle…

Prompt: April - A rose by any other name
Brief Description: Flowers!

Prompt: April - Double, double toil and trouble

Brief Description: Gotta bake that clay!

Prompt: May - Borrow or Rob
Project Name: Owl blood drop #3!
Brief Description: So when I get a request, I always make two - one for the person, and one for my display shelf - so people can see them. This one got a request from the shelf so now, Owl Drop #3! I honestly don’t know if this is a picture of two or three, but I swear I have made three of them, so…

Prompt: May Stressed Desserts
Project Name: Chicken Blood Drop #2
Brief Description: Another chicken blood drop, they are meant to bring comfort and companionship (and a little bit of humor) to donating blood!

Prompt: Free Range 3
Project Name: USB-C Cable holder
Brief Description: Still trying to figure out a way to store my cords, I don’t think this is quite it… though it does work.

USB-C try 1

Prompt: Free Range 4
Project Name: Micro-USB Cable holder
Brief Description: Made at the same time as the USB-C one, I… what I really want is a macaroon style one, with the zip around the outside edge, but I’m not sure I can make that… Also, later, I realized I could make them square and store them in a CD binder thing?

Micro USB 1

Prompt: Free Range 5
Project Name: Headphone holder
Brief Description: Thought I’d try it without a zipper, and it works, but… meh.

Headphones 1

Prompt: Free Range 6
Project Name: Turtle Blood Drop #2
Brief Description: I was going to wait until I was ready to add the pattern to post this one, but good news, someone else is interested in one so there might be a Turtle 3 soon!

4 Likes

Squeezing in at the last minute (I hope). So happy to see all the diverse things everyone has been up to.
Life is still getting in the way here, and the mojo is low, but I did look through my pictures and found a few things I managed to do during this season.

Prompt: June - Retelling
Team: Bits & Bobs
Project Name: Passover dinner
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Passover is all about retelling. And each family has their own traditions related to it and the foods that they are used to serving each year. I did most of the cooking this year, and went with the classics that my family loves.
In the picture is chicken soup with omelette noodles and matzoh balls, which we “retell” on our Passover menu every year.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Stressed Desserts
Project Name: Jelly topped cheesecake
Project Link:
Brief Description:
This is one of my favorite cakes, and my brother loves it too. It’s sweet and comforting :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June - Cliff’s Notes
Project Name: Giant cookie cake
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Instead of a whole bunch of cookies, this is a huge, one piece, cookie. We finally made something from the My Little Pony baking book that I got for my daughter after someone mentioned it here or in the other place.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - “Though she be but little, she is fierce”
Project Name: Basketball keychains
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Made keychains with player numbers for the girls in my daughter’s basketball team, as an end of year gift. The keychains are small, as are some of the girls. And they are learning to be fierce.
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes