Closed - Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 - Send by Sept 12th

(source: cobwebcorner.com)

Welcome to the second round of the Prairie School Fall/Winter Swap!
We are stitching Prairie Schooler patterns related to fall, winter, and the holidays celebrated in this season. As far as I know the following holiday patterns are available: Halloween, Thanksgiving, St Nick, Christmas.

We are swapping ONE MEDIUM item. The images shown above would all count as a medium. Most Prairie Schooler patterns are roughly that size. I know a lot of our members are very generous, extra’s are allowed, but can’t be expected.

All participants can pick which themes they prefer, but keep in mind your swap partner may prefer another theme. Participants are expected to craft for all themes, even the holidays they don’t personally like, except if they can’t do that for a serious reason. Please let me know when that’s the case, like for example trauma or religion-based concerns. I don’t need to know the details, I trust you are all honest people.

Swap items can be sent finished or unfinished in a flat envelope.

You can opt for two swap partners, in case anyone is interested in that.

Swap name: Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @Immaculata
Sign-up date range: August 1st to August 10th
Send out Date: September 12th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO
Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Swap questionnaire
Name of Swap: Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2
Username:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Are you at least 16 years old?
Any allergens in your home (animals or smoke)?
Do you have any allergies?
What are your favorite colors?
What are your least favorite colors?
Which theme would you like to receive?
What are your favourite and least favourite parts of that theme? (for example: yay pumpkins, nay, spiders)
Do you want 1 or 2 partners?
Do you want to ship a finished or an unfinished item?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?

3 Likes

Participants:

@Immaculata :mailbox: sends to @jemimah
@AIMR sends to @Kwality570 :gift: and to @jemimah :mailbox:
@momiemae sends to @kittykill :gift: and to @irid3sc3nt :gift:
@Kwality570 sends to @AIMR :gift:
@jemimah sends to @AIMR :gift: and to @Immaculata :mailbox:
@irid3sc3nt :mailbox: sends to @momiemae
@kittykill :gift: sends to @momiemae

:mailbox: = sent
:gift: = received

1 Like

Sign-ups are open now!

Just calling some members that might be interested: @AIMR @irid3sc3nt @curiousfae @chameleonhound @jemimah @kittykill

4 Likes

Yeah I will sign up when I’m feeling better. You may need to remind me :blush:

3 Likes

If I have any luck finding patterns in Oz for a reasonable price, I’ll consider joining. Is anyone interested in stitching Christmas stuff? Halloween isn’t traditionally a big thing in my part of the world (it’s become more popular over the years, but it’s not something I grew up with or have any memories of/connection to).

3 Likes

I am…and I am not stuck on actual Prairie Schooler if you can’t find patterns! I might be able to do Halloween and Christmas since there are plenty of smaller patterns and they go much quicker than embroidery for me!

@Immaculata --thanks for the link…I spent a chunk of this Friday’s pay on, er, a few patterns! ha

4 Likes

Awesome! I will have a good look for possible patterns.

2 Likes

I am excited because I ordered some patterns: Prairie Schooler and similar…I am working on one today that is so adorable that I might not be able to give it away!

I forgot how calming and satisfying cross stitch can be…I might even finish my large piece from last year before Christmas!

3 Likes

I will give this one a try. sending my info!

3 Likes

I’ve just returned from a weekend with family, so I’ll sign both of you up tomorrow!

2 Likes

Well, my husband and I are not moving afterall, so I should be able to join this one. It’ll take me a minute to get my craft room back in order since I started packing everything up to declutter to sell our house, but I should still have enough time. Going to send in my questionnaire now!

4 Likes

I’m sorry you guys aren’t moving, but I’m glad you’ve signed up for the swap! @irid3sc3nt are you feeling good enough to join us this round?

@jemimah I’ve processed several Q’s from people interested in Christmas! PS used to publish freebies on their website quite often, and the old ones can be found on pinterest, if you search for them. This is the current one: Free cross stitch and counted needlepoint patterns and designs I also have a bit of a collection to share if you’re interested.

We don’t traditionally celebrate Halloween either, but as a teen goth I grew to like the decorations a lot. The only Prairie Schooler holiday that doesn’t speak to me at all is Thanksgiving, but I love fall and harvest colours, so I wouldn’t mind stitching that (no one has mentioned it in their Q’s so far).

1 Like

It’s all good! I’m excited to be able to swap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a friend that works at the local cross stitch shop here in town, so I’m going to see if I can order the pattern through her and avoid shipping costs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 10th will have been over ten days since onset, so I can, yes!
I would like to receive something Halloween or autumn, but I think it would be interesting to do a PS Christmas piece.
I don’t cross stitch very fast. I just learned it a year or two ago, but I do enjoy it quite a bit.

3 Likes

I sent in my Q!

2 Likes

Thanks @Immaculata! I’ll send in my questionnaire now.

I hope you’re feeling better @irid3sc3nt!

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s like a rollercoaster of feeling better/worse, although I think in general I’m better.

4 Likes

I got my patterns today! They are so cute! I am going to have to get some aida cloth…I gave most of mine away since I had lost interest in cross stitch a while back. I have picked out some to make as part of the Christmas craftalong so I can get started on them pretty soon!

3 Likes

Oh man! Two more days to sign up. Let me read the details and see if I can do it.

4 Likes