Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 GALLERY

Swap thread: Closed - Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 - Send by Sept 10th

Partners::

@Immaculata sends to @jemimah
@AIMR sends to @Kwality570 and to @jemimah
@momiemae sends to @kittykill and to @irid3sc3nt
@Kwality570 sends to @AIMR
@jemimah sends to @AIMR
@irid3sc3nt sends to @momiemae
@kittykill sends to @momiemae

2 Likes

Yay! I get to start the gallery with this awesome piece from my partner, @Kwality570 ! Did you guys know that I got to meet this fantastic artist in July at a mini meet-up in Michigan? I was too embarrassed to ask for an autographā€¦lolā€¦but seriously, this is why I admire her so muchā€¦look at the details and thought that went into this lovely cross stitch!

Bonus: it is practical and will hold my Halloween themed threads!

Thanks so muchā€¦and please do a separate post for all to seeā€¦

11 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is AMAZING!

1 Like

Nice work @Kwality570 ! And such a creative idea to finish it like this, Iā€™m sure it well get a lot of use.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anything like it. So cool! Great work!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! And just look at this marvelous piece that I received from @AIMR. Those tiny stitches. That awesome border cord, the beautiful shades of orange and green she chose! This is so absolutely stunning. I love it so very much!!! I cannot fully express my gratitude. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh wow! That is cool and fucntional!

This is already an amazing gallery! Wow!

1 Like

These are both so cool!

@Kwality570 that is just the most fantastic little thread holder, Iā€™m sure it will be treasured and used!

@AIMR gorgeous work on the pumpkin, and you finished it so beautifully too!

2 Likes

LOVE that pumpkin! So beautiful!

2 Likes

I wanted to wait until I received from both of my partners before I posted and I received from @irid3sc3nt today!

She sent me this adorable smiling pumpkin

@kittykill outdid herself with this amazing panel.

Thanks so much! I love them both!

2 Likes

@irid3sc3nt Wowā€¦I wish I could figure out how to change a pattern! I love that you turned the scary frown into a smile! Did you make it up as you went or did you plot it out? I want to make that pattern and would love to do the mouth two ways! I think it would be fun to give to a friend of mine who is in the theater!

@kittykill lovely workā€¦I have that pattern as well but havenā€™t tackled it because black thread is hard to seeā€¦your stitching is so neat!

2 Likes

I enlarged the pattern and figured out where I would, um, turn the frown upside down. Once it was finished, I added two extra stitches because it looked a little too blocky. I thought it was interesting how the original pattern is not symmetrical.

Your idea for your theater friend sounds like it would be very funā€¦ tragedy and comedy, right?

1 Like

I thought it was just me that made mistakesā€¦I did miscount on one side but I ā€œfixedā€ it and it didnā€™t seem noticeable since it was already asymmetrical! Lucky me!

Iā€™ll get some graph paper and see if I can figure it outā€¦and yes, tragedy and comedy!

1 Like

Or I could send you what I did, if you want.

2 Likes

@momiemae I couldnā€™t decide which one to pick so I just did them all. LOL! It was fun stitching for you.

4 Likes

I totally forgot that those can be broken up into individual patterns! I might be able to handle that! Great job! It would be hard to pickā€¦

I received from @momiemae!

Check out this witch making something in her cauldron. Something pumpkin-y!
We sent flat to each other so we can do whatever we want with the final product. I was thinking I was going to frame this, but now I kinda want it as part of a decorative pillowcase.

Thank you, momimae!

3 Likes

I love it! Really loving the patterns with just a few colorsā€¦simple but effective and so Halloweenie!

2 Likes

The Halloween Prairie Schooler patterns are all about minimalist colors. I just love all of the patterns.
Oh, did you want that pumpkin, @AIMR?

2 Likes