Complete: Crafty Scavenger Hunt - send by August 30 (Monday)

Swap name: Crafty Scavenger Hunt

LC member organizing this swap: loves2experiment

Sign-up date range: 07/23 (Fri) to 07/31 (Sat)

Send out date: 08/30 (Mon)

Limited to a certain number of people? 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country? N/A
Additional Age requirement? Yes. Swappers have to be 18+.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes
Is at least 18 years old: Yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: Yes
Has posted a comment in the swap thread and will check regularly for swap updates: Yes
If within the US, understands that a tracking number is required for this swap: Yes
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes

:male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective:

SWAP DETAILS

This is a low-stress swap!

Your mission is to send one crafted item, and 6 additional items from the scavenger hunt list (so a total of 7 items).

Feel free to be creative in your search. Raiding your craftspace and supply stashes to find items is encouraged! If all else fails, there’s always the option of picking up an item or two from the shops.
Hopefully you’ll be inspired by the swap package your partner sends your way, and be motivated to create something special :slight_smile:

• The scavenger hunt list will be posted after the swap closes for sign-ups.
  • 12 categories for the hunt will be listed, but you only have to match 7 of the categories.
  • Don’t forget to tag your items when you send them out so your partner knows which categories you fulfilled.
  • You can choose to send/receive all paper, all fabric or a combination of fabric & paper items.
  • You have the option of having 1 or 2 partners for this swap (if this is your first LC swap, you will only be allowed to have one swap partner).
  • No extras required, but you and your partner(s) may opt to swap for more items if it’s mutually agreed upon.
  • If you decide to spoil your swap partner with extras, please understand that your partner is not required to reciprocate.

:male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective: :mag: :male_detective: :mag: :female_detective:

If you would like to participate, send your information and completed questionnaire to loves2experiment via private message (do not reply with it here).

Name of swap: Crafty Scavenger Hunt

Lettuce Craft username:

Email address:

Real name and mailing address (formatted for mailing):

Confirm you are at least eighteen years old:

Are you willing to ship your package to an international destination?

I would like to receive (paper / fabric / a combination of fabric & paper items)?

I can send out (paper / fabric / a combination of fabric & paper items)?

Would you like 1 or 2 swap partner(s)?

Additional info for your swap partner(s)?

PARTICIPANTS
@loves2experiment
@Lynx
@kittykill
@Bunny1kenobi
@thanate
@roler
@mellybelly81
@Cyn-energy
@Reinikka
@AIMR
@bluebird

SWAP PARTNERS
AIMR —> mellybelly81
bluebird —> Reinikka
Bunny1kenobi —> Cyn-energy
Cyn-energy —> Bunny1kenobi
kittykill —> Reinikka
Lynx2Lancer —> thanate
mellybelly81 —> AIMR
Reinikka —> bluebird & kittykill
roler —> thanate
thanate —> Lynx2Lancer & roler

OFFICIAL SCAVENGER HUNT LIST

• altered
  • vintage
  • local
  • whimsical
  • found
  • typography
  • lucky
  • over 20
  • green
  • related to the letter “m”
  • tiny (under 2”)
  • labels

SWAP GALLERY

6 Likes

I really think this would be a fun swap! I won’t be back to my crafting space until Aug 21st! But, I bet I can still pick up things and make a few things while road tripping and then power craft when I return…hmmm…I do love a scavenger hunt!

4 Likes

Scavenger hunts are so much fun! :smiley:

And really, you’re only required to send one crafted item…the rest of the items don’t have to be crafted items. But if your crafty mojo is in full force, go with it!

2 Likes

Yay! This sounds super fun!

2 Likes

I’m signing up now! This sounds like so much fun.

3 Likes

Sent in my q!

4 Likes

This sounds super fun, but I’m wary of overbooking myself when I’m already so busy at the moment… if I can finish off at least one of the swaps I’ve signed up for already before the signups for this one close, I’ll join! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This sounds amazing! I’m on a break from swaps right now, but I hope you do it again in the future :hugs:

2 Likes

This might be a good swap to get back into it! I haven’t swapped on LC and it was a looong time ago on the other site. Hmmm…

5 Likes

So am I right to assume that the scavenger hunt items will need to be crafted and/or craft supplies? What’s the “size” requirement of each item or the total “size” for the package?

I haven’t done one of these before but it sounds fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a combination of one crafted item (minimum requirement) + 6 additional craft supplies.

It’s totally up to the sender to decide on what they want to send, but you can expect at least 7 small items from your swap partner.

For example, if the category was ‘postal’ one could send mailing labels, postage stamps (real or stickers), postcards, envelopes, rubber stamp related to happy mail, etc. as paper options. For fabric options, you could send a fat quarter with mail-related images, faux fabric stamps, a sewn fabric envelope, a mail organizer, etc.

Obviously, some categories will be skewed (i.e. either more paper or more fabric possibilities), hence you only have to fulfill 7 of the categories :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks! I think I’ll sign up when I have enough free time to fill in the questionnaire :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I’m in. Looks like fun!

2 Likes

I DID finish a swap today, so I’m in! XD

6 Likes

I’m in! First swap in a looong time!

6 Likes

OK this sounds super fun. I’ve been missing my crafty mojo for a while now and wanting to get it back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds like fun! I might join if someone from Europe is joining. With the rules changing I’m not quite sure if I don’t have to pay customs on even the small packages from outside of Europe :frowning: .

Edit: I just checked the postal rates for outside of Europe and they have gone up once again. I’ll probably just have a look at the gallery.

4 Likes

Finally sent in my questionnaire :grin:

5 Likes

Just a reminder that signups for this swap will be closing on Saturday!
If you’re thinking about joining us, please do :smiley:

3 Likes

question: would I be able to knit an item for my partner? I guess I’m wondering if that counts as a fabric item? Totally fine if fabric actually means the type for sewing, as I could make paper items for this swap…
I’m teetering on the fence about joining, LOL

2 Likes