Send out date: October 23rd
**Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A

Additional Age requirement? N/A

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions: YES

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: TRUE (I’m not)
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

============================================================================

As the Northern Hemisphere turns toward Autumn, I start thinking about cozying up my indoor space and comforting myself with soft textures, comfort foods, warm inviting scents and everything HYGGE!

What is Hygge? The definition from Oxford Languages is: “a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being (regarded as a defining characteristic of Danish culture).” - BUT! I also really like this definition from Enchanted Living: “The art of hygge is really about living sensually through intention. It’s about lifting the spirit and enjoying life through slowing down, by being present in the now, and by experiencing each moment to the fullest. This is where ritual can come into play, to encourage and enhance this type of mindful lifestyle. There are many ways we can weave simple rituals into our daily living.”

Swap Requirements: This swap will be for one Medium OR 2-3 Small items

Questionnaire:
(please copy/paste and DM this info to @Cyn-energy - don’t post in the thread)
Name of swap: Hygge Swap
Lettucecraft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

Pinterest Link:
Do you have a specific board related to this swap (recommended)?

Any other wish lists, blogs or etc.?

Please list AT LEAST 10 things that embody the idea of “Hygge” to you - this could be movies or books, scents, textures (flannel, fake fur, wool), patterns (plaid), types of crafts (macrame, crochet, knit), flavors, types of foods or drinks, household or clothing items (pillows, blankets, slippers, mittens, scarves, ear warmers, etc.), activities (games, apple picking, reading a book, sitting by a fire, decorating for holidays), things in nature (birds, snowflakes, etc.)… Are there particular typically swapped items that you find to be “hygge”? (Mug Rugs, Ninnis, Teesha Moore patches)? Be creative, and please include a helpful list of ideas for your partner to pull from. :heart:

(OPTIONAL) If you’d like to potentially receive something that could take others into account, please tell us a bit about your family. Do you have a significant other? Children? Pets?

Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? (e.g. no food or drink items, no wool, no scarves, etc.?)

Favorite Colors, color combos or patterns:

*SIZES. If you’d like any clothing items, please list your sizes below. If you don’t want any of these items, you can skip this section. e.g. if you list “slippers” please include your shoe size, if you list “mittens” please include the measurement across the broad part of your hand, and maybe… finger length? or distance from wrist to end of your longest finger?). If you want a headband/ear warmer include the measurement around that part of your head. Keep in mind, it is a MEDIUM swap so we probably won’t be trading full on cozy sweaters/jumpers… this time :smiley:

Do you have any allergies?
Does your home have any allergens (i.e.-smokers, pets, etc…)?

Any other info you’d like to share? (Anything to help your partner be successful in making a package that you will LOVE!)

PARTNERS:
@Bugaboo <> @kittykill
@Cyn-energy <> @Joywritesbooks
@Kwality570 <> @thanate
@Myrthena <> @veghorsegirl

Creating our GALLERY so it’s there when we’re ready for it. Don’t forget to let me know when you send :wink:

4 Likes

I really want to do this one. My world has been somewhat more stressful than usual of late and my crafty mojo has taken a big hit. I’m thankful for the long sign up time so I can find a moment to give it real consideration to make sure that I can do this healthfully.

4 Likes

I completely understand - I take long periods of time away from swapping as well. I would be happy if you decide to participate and completely understand if you don’t have the spoons right now. :heart:

3 Likes

Sent in my q! Cannot resist this swap it just brings thoughts of being cozy to my mind!

6 Likes

So excited to do this–my very first swap and one of my favorite topics to boot. Eeek! I can’t wait to find out who my partner is. :grinning:

3 Likes

I might be in a cast soon, so I am holding off until I discuss it with my doctors later today, but when I think of cozy fall crafts, I always think of bowl cozies. They are so useful!

2 Likes

YES! I was putting things on my Pinterest board and those were one of the things I realized that I don’t have but could really use. I love soups and stews in the fall and winter!

1 Like

I make them each year for friend and I always get the same reaction, kind of underwhelmed confusion. Then about a week later they come to my raving about them and asking for more. LOL! Bowl cozies are fantastic!

4 Likes

I just sent in my signup form! I can’t wait! I’m going to work on getting a dedicated Pinterest board set up for the swap before signups end.
Thanks for organizing, @Cyn-energy!

2 Likes

Welcome to the swap, @Myrthena and @Kwality570 ! I’m excited for this one.

1 Like

Happy to take part

1 Like

It sounds really good, and I had been working on my signup and Pinterest, but first I realized that I need to–and can–remake my big braided rug before winter hits (motivated by looking at all the hygge stuff online), and then I accidentally erased my delightfully cozy questionnaire. So most likely I won’t be able to join, but this has definitely put me into the mood for autumn and nesting!

3 Likes

We would definitely love to have you if you happen to change your mind!!

3 Likes

I am so excited for this swap! So many wonderful members signing up.

1 Like

Yay @thanate ! Welcome to the swap!

1 Like

Hi! waves

1 Like

Oh I am so excited for this one!

1 Like

I SOOO want to do this swap, but my family would disown me! (I’m supposed to be focused 100% on moving house.) Hope we do another round of it eventually… Can’t wait to see what everyone makes!

4 Likes

Last call for signups! I’m excited - this is going to be an awesome swap :smiley:

2 Likes

Partners assigned and messages sent! Please let me know ASAP if you see anything amiss; it’s been a minute since I’ve hosted a swap :sweat_smile:

3 Likes